What's new

Eau Sauvage vintage packaging

So, I'm looking around trying to spot some original Eau Sauvage EDT, and I'm seeing several different colors of packaging, all labeled as the same product. Some are brown packaging with black labels, some brown with reddish labels, and some white packaging with silver labels. Anyone know which is the most vintage EDT packaging. I'm not interested in the latest re-formulation.
Thanks

Hello,
Im no expert but the vintage photo on basenotes, the packaging is brown with a red centerd box ,and then a little lower on the box a light brown box, with lettering.
But as far as which is the most vintage?, you got me, I would like to know as well., I hope someone else will chime in.

I wish I could help but I don't think the formulation changed much - if at all - for many years. So how vintage might not be too important. However, I think the white box with the silver label is current formulation, so I would avoid that one. If I remember correctly, the black label on the brown box was for the extreme version, wasn't it? Also, if you find it in a splash version, that's usually a vintage, but if you can find it in a bottle shaped differently from the shape they are currently in, and if it says "natural spray," then it is absolutely vintage.

I wish I could help but I don't think the formulation changed much - if at all - for many years. So how vintage might not be too important. However, I think the white box with the silver label is current formulation, so I would avoid that one. If I remember correctly, the black label on the brown box was for the extreme version, wasn't it? Also, if you find it in a splash version, that's usually a vintage, but if you can find it in a bottle shaped differently from the shape they are currently in, and if it says "natural spray," then it is absolutely vintage.

That's some good info. Thanks. Gotta go check some photo's.

Hunted til I found a 3.4 oz splash Eau Sauvage in brown marbled box with reddish label for $79.99 inc shipping. Hope its not a mistake 'cause I pulled the trigger.

In other news, I also found Aqua di Parma Assoluta, 6.6 oz green spray bulb, sealed box for $139.00 inc shipping. They have two left FWIW.

Hunted til I found a 3.4 oz splash Eau Sauvage in brown marbled box with reddish label for $79.99 inc shipping. Hope its not a mistake 'cause I pulled the trigger.

It'll be interesting to hear how different it is - do let us know.

My opinion won't be of much value, I'm afraid. I'm far from expert when it comes to fragrances. I smelled Eau Sauvage long ago when I was younger and made a note to get some, but I never got around to it. Now that I've gotten interested is fragrances I'm making it a point to make this one of my first purchases, and I just hope it still impresses the way it did back when. I doubt recollections of twenty-plus years ago will be much of a reference.

My opinion won't be of much value, I'm afraid. I'm far from expert when it comes to fragrances. I smelled Eau Sauvage long ago when I was younger and made a note to get some, but I never got around to it. Now that I've gotten interested is fragrances I'm making it a point to make this one of my first purchases, and I just hope it still impresses the way it did back when. I doubt recollections of twenty-plus years ago will be much of a reference.

Ah, OK :001_smile

I really like the current version, and it will still be interesting to hear what you think when you get yours.

I also found an almost full vintage bottle locally (Fla) with vertical bars and got it too. Just received the bottle I bought on-line (brown marble colored box, red label) and tried some from each bottle on each wrist. Can tell no difference whatever. Great fragrance as I remember it being back in the late eighties early nineties.
I also got a bottle of Aqua Di Parma Assoluta. That is definitely my number one. Both fragrances are light, layered, and balanced. Really like both. Got a bottle of Eau Sauvage Extreme as well and, while its nice for an occasional change, its a little heavy for my taste and doesn't seem to me to be as sophisticated a product as Eau Sauvage or Aqua di Parma. I'll be keeping both of these two around.

I also found an almost full vintage bottle locally (Fla) with vertical bars and got it too. Just received the bottle I bought on-line (brown marble colored box, red label) and tried some from each bottle on each wrist. Can tell no difference whatever. Great fragrance as I remember it being back in the late eighties early nineties.
I also got a bottle of Aqua Di Parma Assoluta. That is definitely my number one. Both fragrances are light, layered, and balanced. Really like both. Got a bottle of Eau Sauvage Extreme as well and, while its nice for an occasional change, its a little heavy for my taste and doesn't seem to me to be as sophisticated a product as Eau Sauvage or Aqua di Parma. I'll be keeping both of these two around.

Sounds good :thumbup:

Top Bottom