What's new

Eau Sauvage re visited

Love Eau Sauvage during the summer. Even with little sweat and excercise it makes you smell more like a man. Too bad, that most of the women over here prefer more androgynous and unisex scents - at least, if you're a local.

Finally placed an order for a 3.4 oz. spray bottle of ES edt from Beautyencounter. It's been on my list way too long and the summer will be over before I know it. Had to do it. I used up $10 worth of BE perk points too in the process. If I like the edt, I might have to get the AS lotion as well.

Ben

I love Eau Sauvage! It's one of my summer/office favourites. I recently splurged and purchased the fragrance, shower gel, deoderant and a soap. Given that I am now also DE shaving, and it's a great citrus scent, it would compliment most shaving creams/soaps I am likely to buy, plus it's a great pick me up in the morning anyway, especially in summer.

Just used the ES aftershave lotion. I've used some that are similar. Acqua di Parma Colleczione Barbiere, 4711, TOBS Eton College, DRH Arlington,.... to name a few. This stuff is great. I can't wait for the edt to show up. Very bright citrus (lemon) with some definite woody/herbal in there as well. It just smells classic. Of course it burned like crazy, but I love the burn. Very refreshing splash for the summer.

Ben

Just used the ES aftershave lotion. I've used some that are similar. Acqua di Parma Colleczione Barbiere, 4711, TOBS Eton College, DRH Arlington,.... to name a few. This stuff is great. I can't wait for the edt to show up. Very bright citrus (lemon) with some definite woody/herbal in there as well. It just smells classic. Of course it burned like crazy, but I love the burn. Very refreshing splash for the summer.

Ben

Yep, the Eau Sauvage AS is great in summer. Next time I'm going for the 200 ml bottle.

Received a bottle of the Eau Sauvage EDT today. Really refreshing and great scent. Reminds me of Monsieur de Givenchy.... except much brighter citrus right off the bat. I hope this scent holds up on my skin. I'll probably give it a full wearing tomorrow. Got a 200ml bottle of 4711 EDC today as well. I had already sampled this one and I use the 4711 aftershave lotion quite often. I finally decided that for the price I had no reason to be without the 4711 EDC. Again, this will be another one of those lacking in longevity, but I've always loved the "pick me up" the aftershave gives me and I love slapping on a nice fresh scent in the summer after I shave in the evening that lasts an hour or two.

Ben

Been reading this thread for a week or so now, so I decided to go and find some ES. Well I found it, and it smells great. It's an oldschool scent but with a great deal of class. Tried both the EDT and EDP and I got some of the EDP as it was a bit stronger and I smell - something... not sure what it is, that puts it over the edt version. Just hoping all the women I work with don't gag like they did with Terra d' hermes ;)

I'm wearing this for the first full wearing this morning. So far, what a treat. The bright, lemony citrus is very uplifting first thing on a summer morning. About an hour later, I am detecting a nice clean vetiver like scent. Projection seems okay. I keep lifting my wrist to my nose and it seems to be holding up alright. I hope it lasts at least 4 hours..... because I am really enjoying this one. Initially I thought this was very similar to Monsieur de Givenchy..... and it is in a way..... but the dry down is developing better on this one, and more enjoyable. I may have to look into the EDP.... I heard that it does have a little something different (extra) to it that the EDT does not, but I can't remember know what that is. Anyway, what a great, classic fragrance.

Ben

I may have to look into the EDP.... I heard that it does have a little something different (extra) to it that the EDT does not, but I can't remember know what that is.

The "Parfum" is an altogether different fragrance, and many people say it has little in common with the straight ES. I love it myself, but you shouldn't buy it based on the EdT.

The "Parfum" is an altogether different fragrance, and many people say it has little in common with the straight ES. I love it myself, but you shouldn't buy it based on the EdT.

+1 The names are the same but they smell differently. When Eau Sauvage Parfum was announced everybody was hoping for an intense version of the EDT. A lot of disappointed people complained about it being different from the classic EDT. BTW, ES Parfum is a powerhouse whereas the EDT isn't, don't go ape**** on the ES Parfum atomiser. IMO ES Parfum lends itself more to cooler weather.

After having wore Eau Sauvage EDT for an entire day, I'm actually surprised by something that I didn't really anticipate with this fragrance. I've often thought that sometimes you run across summer versions of a scent.... sometimes a scent that can be cloying or tough to pull off in the heat of summer. One of my favorites that comes to mind is Creed Bois du Portugal. When I first discovered Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree, I thought to myself "This is almost like a summer version of Creed BdP". Not that they smell exactly alike or have incredibly similar notes.... but, to me, they both give off the same kind of feeling when I wear them. The difference is that Chanel PMC is a little easier to wear in the heat of the summer IMO. Eau Sauvage is a little the same way with Guerlain Vetiver to me. Not that Guerlain Vetiver can't be worn in the summer, but you must always be careful to not over apply Guerlain Vetiver.... otherwise you will be noticed in a bad way. Eau Sauvage, with it's vetiver drydown, is almost like "Guerlain Vetiver Light". Guerlain Vetiver's citrusy opening only adds to the similarities between the two.

Projection of Eau Sauvage on my skin is moderate to light..... although longevity is pretty decent, thanks to the vetiver in the base. I get about 5 to 6 solid hours. Even after 12 hours of wearing it, I'm still able to pick up traces of it when I put my nose to my wrist. The vetiver is a great surprise for me.... I love it.... and I didn't exactly expect it. I must not've read the entire note breakdown prior to having purchased it... because I just wasn't expecting the vetiver to be so good.

Ben

Top Bottom