What's new

Eau de Portugal/Friction Lotion

I am a great fan of Colognes or even Lotion Pour Friction, whether French, German, Spanish, Italian or Turkish. I have been splashing Turkish Kolonya onto my hair for a while. So now I have purchased a few hair lotions, following these will be TOBS and DR Harris Eau de Portugal.

proxy.php

I have just used the Vines Vintage, it has lovely orange smell as you would expect :)...

The clear winner is Vintage Vines. It contains Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) and Citrus Aurantium Amara. It has a lovely orange scent. You could produce this yourself. The Citrus Twist friction lotion probably comes in second, it mentions essential oils, but doesn't list any in the ingredients. Last is Denman Pashana, it has a milder orange scent, it lists Citrus
Aurantium Dulcis. It also contains Oakmoss which I find off putting mixed with the citrus.
Denman products are now marketed as Jack Dean.

I am definitely a fan of Vintage Vines, although I am going to order the Harris Eau de Portugal as it's not expensive.

20200812_001542.jpg

I've been thinking to buy DR Harris Eau de Portugal to use as an aftershave splash.... The ingredient lists looks fine for that and it is way cheaper than what they market as aftershaves, what do you think?

I am a great fan of Colognes or even Lotion Pour Friction, whether French, German, Spanish, Italian or Turkish. I have been splashing Turkish Kolonya onto my hair for a while. So now I have purchased a few hair lotions, following these will be TOBS and DR Harris Eau de Portugal.

proxy.php

I have just used the Vines Vintage, it has lovely orange smell as you would expect :)...

By the way, my Turkish wife talks about an urban legend saying Turkish colognes will make your hair white, so beware :)

The ingredients

Alcohol Denat, Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Oil, Citrus aurantium (Neroli) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Cymbopogon Flexuosus (Lemongrass) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Menthol, Parfum (Fragrance), Citral, Geraniol, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool

Good! could you please report back with your thoughts on scent and if suitable as an aftershave? I have been eyeing it for quite a while
I used the Eau de Portugal as an AS this evening. The fragrance was very citrusy and short lasting, it does contain as listed above five citrus EO's. There was a considerable burn, I suspect it's the amount of EO's. There is high percentage of glycerine and after first applying sone stickyness which quickly disappears. I wasn't 100% satisfied so applied another new AS arrival. However, I will experiment again, maybe applying over an AS.

I haven't gotten around to ordering the inexpensive TOBS Eau de Portugal. However I have ordered the T&H version, which is the most expensive of the Eau de Portugal hair lotions. The GFT is an EDT.

Top Bottom