What's new

Easy Tequila cocktails?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Many thanks, Espolon, Altos and Cazadores are all 30ish - Casamigos is more than double that.

As to Ranch Water, will
4oz Tequila
2oz Lime juice
6oz Club Soda
work?

Certainly. It's very much as you like it. That actually sounds pretty good to me, as I tend to like my cocktails very spirit forward (although I might split that in half so that I don't wind up with too much ice melting). That actually sounds a bit heavy on the lime, but that's totally a matter of personal taste.

If I were to order it at a bar, I would expect less tequila (probably more like a jigger, give or take), but you're more than entitled to pour a double-double at home!

Certainly. It's very much as you like it. That actually sounds pretty good to me, as I tend to like my cocktails very spirit forward (although I might split that in half so that I don't wind up with too much ice melting). That actually sounds a bit heavy on the lime, but that's totally a matter of personal taste.

If I were to order it at a bar, I would expect less tequila (probably more like a jigger, give or take), but you're more than entitled to pour a double-double at home!
We still have only 55 degrees whereas it should now be around 80 based on the month. This gives me time to find the ideal summer recipes.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
We still have only 55 degrees whereas it should now be around 80 based on the month. This gives me time to find the ideal summer recipes.

Tequila Smash is another good one. Any smash is good for warm weather, really.

When you consider that (as at least one origin story goes) the Margarita is essentially based on the rickey and all but has drowned out other versions and variations, that might give some ideas as to what tends to work with tequila in warm weather.

Folks tend to default to the margarita, but as tequila cocktails go I think the paloma is a much better and more refreshing drink:

Paloma
2 oz. tequila
1.5 oz. pink grapefruit juice
.75 oz. lime juice
.05 oz. simple syrup
2 oz/ sparkling water

Shake all with ice and strain into glass with fresh ice and add a wedge of lime.

Even easier is tequila and Squirt soda. Less fuss. Similar taste. Squirt can be hard to find though.

Folks tend to default to the margarita, but as tequila cocktails go I think the paloma is a much better and more refreshing drink:

Paloma
2 oz. tequila
1.5 oz. pink grapefruit juice
.75 oz. lime juice
.05 oz. simple syrup
2 oz/ sparkling water

Shake all with ice and strain into glass with fresh ice and add a wedge of lime.

Even easier is tequila and Squirt soda. Less fuss. Similar taste. Squirt can be hard to find though.

You beat me to it on both accounts. I would not shake the sparkling water though. Just add it last.

Make my own, 2 Cups sugar, 1 cup water, 1 cup pomegranate juice (extracting the juice from 1 or 2 pomegranates should be enough)

Small batch enough for ya

My hero! Although, I add some Middle Eastern pomegranate molasses and just a very little orange and/or rose water. I am not sure I bother with any regular water. I might use an intense simple syrup instead of sugar. I find juicing pomegranates anything but simple, though!

Top Bottom