Lick wrist and sprinkle with salt.
Lick salt.
Take shot of tequila.
Pop wedge of lime in mouth.
Repeat.

This is the only way I like tequila.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Doesn't get any easier than "right from the bottle". . .

Face down in Cabo kissing the ground
Oh hey, oh hey
We drink Mescal right from the bottle
Salt shaker, little lick a lime, oh
Throwin' down, down tryin' to reach the bottom
Where the guave worm, well he's mine, all mine

-Van Halen

Equal parts tequila, Kahlua, and cream. Handful of ice cubes.

We called that a "dirty mother" in a cocktail bar I used to work in.

Same kind of vibe as a Brandy Alexander, or Bailey's. But better.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Tequila and just about any citrus juice is good together. The drinks with Coffee Liqueur and Tequila really opened my eyes to how versatile it it. Prior to that Tequila was for Margaritas and shots.

Tequila and just about any citrus juice is good together. The drinks with Coffee Liqueur and Tequila really opened my eyes to how versatile it it. Prior to that Tequila was for Margaritas and shots.
Should I get around my issues, what would be a good sipper that is still versatile enough for the mixing suggestions in this thread?

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Should I get around my issues, what would be a good sipper that is still versatile enough for the mixing suggestions in this thread?
That depends on how much you want to spend.
I love Casa Dragones and Corzo. I prefer the blanco. I love that agave flavor. I keep mine in the freezer

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Someone else will be better qualified to answer that one. I know Bourbon, not so much Tequila. This is what I usually use in my Margaritas but I rarely, if ever, drink straight Tequila anymore. My past includes too many of those Tequila shots I mentioned earlier. I also have Altos Reposado that I use occasionally.
958651FB-A905-4049-B619-3CF7D4B5EDC0.jpeg

That depends on how much you want to spend.
I love Casa Dragones and Corzo. I prefer the blanco. I love that agave flavor. I keep mine in the freezer
40.00-45.00 max.
I don’t think there will be more than one bottle on my shelf at any point in time - just to have some around for the occasion.

Someone else will be better qualified to answer that one. I know Bourbon, not so much Tequila. This is what I usually use in my Margaritas but I rarely, if ever, drink straight Tequila anymore. My past includes too many of those Tequila shots I mentioned earlier. I also have Altos Reposado that I use occasionally.
View attachment 1271386
I hear you, grain&cane is my usual fare but agave?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Do the recipe above but don't bother with marg mix, not needed and the cocktail will be better without it. Increase freshed squeezed lime juice to 1 part.

Yep. I always make my Margaritas 2:1:1 (tequila:Cointreau:lime juice), and everyone always asks how I make such great Margaritas. I tell them not to overthink it and not to use some dadgum mix off the shelf. For anyone that finds that mix too tart, I just give their drink a little squirt of simple syrup. Easy peasy.

Someone mentioned Ranch Water. I've really come to enjoy those on warm days. Incredibly easy and tasty.

Espolon is the best of the lesser expensive tequilas for sipping--remarkably good for the price. The anejo is what most folks think about sipping, but the blanco and reposado aren't bad sippers at all and, of course, much better for mixing. I have no idea what tequila prices are in Vienna, but Espolon anejo goes for around US$30-35 around Houston (closer to $20 for the blanco).

To spend a little more, Cazadores and Casamigos are also rather good but on the top end of what I would spend on a mixer. After that, you're probably spending a good deal more than you were talking about and more than I would care spend on a mixing tequila.

Yep. I always make my Margaritas 2:1:1 (tequila:Cointreau:lime juice), and everyone always asks how I make such great Margaritas. I tell them not to overthink it and not to use some dadgum mix off the shelf. For anyone that finds that mix too tart, I just give their drink a little squirt of simple syrup. Easy peasy.

Someone mentioned Ranch Water. I've really come to enjoy those on warm days. Incredibly easy and tasty.

Espolon is the best of the lesser expensive tequilas for sipping--remarkably good for the price. The anejo is what most folks think about sipping, but the blanco and reposado aren't bad sippers at all and, of course, much better for mixing. I have no idea what tequila prices are in Vienna, but Espolon anejo goes for around US$30-35 around Houston (closer to $20 for the blanco).

To spend a little more, Cazadores and Casamigos are also rather good but on the top end of what I would spend on a mixer. After that, you're probably spending a good deal more than you were talking about and more than I would care spend on a mixing tequila.
Many thanks, Espolon, Altos and Cazadores are all 30ish - Casamigos is more than double that.

As to Ranch Water, will
4oz Tequila
2oz Lime juice
6oz Club Soda
work?

Top Bottom