What's new

Easy Goo Strip Hack

Most of us dislike the goo strips that have been attached to most razor cartridges. I and others have tried to cut them off. The best solutions I’ve found is to soak the cartridge until the goo dissolves and can be rinsed off.

This a Personna Twin Pivot Plus cartridge.
Goo Strip 1.jpg

I fill my lather mug and out half way with warm water and put the cartridge in the water. I leave it to soak 5 to 6 hours. The longer the better
Goo Strip 2.jpg

This is the dissolved goo.

Goo Strip 3.jpg

Finally, I rinse the cartridge off with cold water under the faucet and let it dry. After drying, the white strip remains, but does not release any goo when shaving.

Goo Strip 4.JPG

Let me know how it works for you.

Most of us dislike the goo strips that have been attached to most razor cartridges. I and others have tried to cut them off. The best solutions I’ve found is to soak the cartridge until the goo dissolves and can be rinsed off.

This a Personna Twin Pivot Plus cartridge.
View attachment 1596894

I fill my lather mug and out half way with warm water and put the cartridge in the water. I leave it to soak 5 to 6 hours. The longer the better
View attachment 1596898

This is the dissolved goo.

View attachment 1596899

Finally, I rinse the cartridge off with cold water under the faucet and let it dry. After drying, the white strip remains, but does not release any goo when shaving.

View attachment 1596900

Let me know how it works for you.
usually when shaving with my atra plus i have the issue the lube strip coming off maybe 1 or 2 shaves in then i tear the rest of it off these are with the store brand personna top care the same cart wished they made them without was trying to think of a easier way of taking these off

My concern would be whether the soaking would dull the blades?
was thinking of the same thing

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I would rather you work out a way to remove the slime strip so that it is still usable. Getting slime strips is holding back the development of my multi-blade straight razors.

The blades in cartridges have a covering of oil to preserve them. That should protect them during there soak. I've never noticed any reduction in sharpness.

Top Bottom