What's new

Easter dinner?

We usually have ham on Easter. This year we picked up a particularly high quality ham from Oscar's Smokehouse, a family owned business a bit north of us. We have only had it once before. They really do it right and puts a regular supermarket ham to shame.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Meijer's running a sale on their Black Angus Rib Roast for $5.99 a pound 4/14-4/20, so I know what I'm having. :001_smile

My wife and I have started that conversation. It’s just the two of us, so we’re thinking of steaks and all the fixins.

My sister will be hosting the hordes, i am not a social gathering person, i'll take a room full of people i don't know over one where i know everyone any time.

Probably be lasagna and a ham with stuff and my wife will be called on to make a few pies but you never know.
dave

I’m thinking I will do some lamb shanks. One (or two-they’re small) outdoors if weather permits, on the Stök Tower, or H2O smoker. Another done sous vide, rubbed with horehound, homemade aronia berry honey mustard, and rosemary. A goat shoulder blade may go on as well. I think there is one in the freezer. Colcannon as one side. Grilled or fried zucchini, carrots, and sauerkraut maybe.

Good Friday is a public holiday here, and we are going to Jakarta for the weekend, flying back on Sunday so dinner will be whatever Singapore Airlines decide(!)

My sister will be hosting the hordes, i am not a social gathering person, i'll take a room full of people i don't know over one where i know everyone any time.

Probably be lasagna and a ham with stuff and my wife will be called on to make a few pies but you never know.
dave

Two pies to go...
dave

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
We will do ham, brisket (I am going to buy that at BBQ joint- not risking it as I haven't done one myself yet), potato salad, macaroni salad. There will probably be a vegetable in there somewhere. I will have sandwiches and a side for a few days.

Going to smoke a couple of pork loins, mashed potatoes, green beans with bacon & onions and all topped with sausage cream gravy. Expecting about a dozen. Anticipation.

Top Bottom