What's new

Early Morning Shaver

I work at either 6 or 4:45 in the morning, and since starting DE shaving, have had to wake up 15 minutes earlier every morning, and I'm still scrambling. No complaints (wouldn't shave that 15 minute shave for anything), but every minute of sleep that time is precious.

Any other daily shavers making an early morning start even earlier since they started?

I'm in this group. Used to wake up at 4:30, now I up at 4. With two small kids at home, it's the only 30 minutes I get to myself all day. Like blindmouse, I wouldn't trade that time for anything.

On days like that I do 1 WTG pass and then a wet lathered hand to feel the spots that I didnt catch close enough and I am done.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm at work every day at 6:30 to 7:00 am.
I'm up at 5:00 am so I can have my time, then a relaxing cup with the wife before I head out the door.
I always figured that if I needed 15 minutes extra sleep, I could go to bed 15 minutes earlier.

I wake up a little earlier than usual. Heres my routine.

Wake up at 0400
Workout 0400-0500
Shave/Get dressed 0500-0600
Breakfast 0600-0630
B&B 0630 until work!!!!!!!

I'm another one (sort of!) I wake up around 1630, rush the first two "S's" and save the third one for a good fifteen minute relaxation moment with my phone playing whatever music happens to be next in the playlist. Grab a uniform and out of the house by a little after 1700. Work starts at 1815 sharp, but I like toget there a little early to BS with the crew.

I'm at work every day at 6:30 to 7:00 am.
I'm up at 5:00 am so I can have my time, then a relaxing cup with the wife before I head out the door.
I always figured that if I needed 15 minutes extra sleep, I could go to bed 15 minutes earlier.

A big +1 here. Throw in three kids to make the morning a little more interesting.

I haven't changed my schedule, but the shaving cuts into it more than it used to.

Up at 0500
Out the door 0630
At work 0710

In a month I'll be at the Pentagon (again) and will be leaving about 0600. Wake-up time won't change.

I'm in this group. Used to wake up at 4:30, now I up at 4. With two small kids at home, it's the only 30 minutes I get to myself all day. Like blindmouse, I wouldn't trade that time for anything.
Same here. Gave it another half hour but even though I'm getting quicker at shaving and don't need that extra time for the actual shave, I find I use it up in taking my time deciding what cream or soap to use, what aftershave, clean my razor, etc. Really sets my day off right taking that extra time. So I'm up at 4am, drinking coffee by 4:01. Thank God for coffee makers with clocks in them. I learned to never shave without coffee first. One must be awake to shave.

I can't handle the morning rush, so I shave at night when I can take my time.
+1
When I was using Fusion I used to shave in the morning because it only took a few extra minutes. But now preparation and shaving takes at least 30 minutes because I'm new to DE shaving. And I like my sleep in the morning. When I get better with DE I'll come back to morning shaving.

Top Bottom