What's new

Early American Old Spice - 1936/1937 (long, lots of photos)

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Wow! That's a helluva find.

Unlike many on this forum or others, I can't tell much of a difference between the old stuff and the new stuff. I like to think I have a acute sense of smell and I have a few old bottles of Shulton OS and OS cologne but bought a bottle of the new stuff a couple years ago and decanted it into an old bottle. Now I don't know which one it is. They all smell ever so slightly different but I always attributed it to the various age of the contents. Most of mine are from the 60's through the 70's.

I'd love a chance to smell the very original but you mention it smells like the 80's scent. Interesting. I probably have enough of the old stuff to last me the rest of my years as it's not a daily scent for me but if I ran out, I don't think I'd hate life having to use the current formulation.
Agree. I can’t tell the difference and I’ve used it since the 1960s.

Hello, I'm definitely new here. But recently I purchased a antique wardrobe and when I got it home and was cleaning it out I found a letter from 1938 from a mother addressed to her son, apparently he was in college " Princeton" which is one of the reasons I love the trunk because the sticker is still on the wardrobe "outside" but then I also came across a Early American old spice shulton bar of soap. It intrigued me so much that I had to find out more about it which brought me to this here site. If anyone has more info on this I would love to hear it. Thanks ill also include photos of the trunk.

20210413_201912.jpg
l
20210413_201849.jpg
20210405_200037.jpg
20210405_200031.jpg
20210405_200202.jpg

Great photos of the trunk. The bar of soap is the same as the one in my set in my original post. I wonder if it was left in the trunk to provide a nice scent to the trunk.

The soap should still work fine. Let us know if you try it.

Top Bottom