What's new

Earl Grey without tannins

I like the flavor of Earl Grey tea, but I don’t like the tannins. I found the Earl Grey from Fortnum & Mason in London is perfect because I don’t get any of that fuzzy teeth feeling. But the shipping to the states makes it too expensive. Does anyone know of another EG that stands out for the lack of tannins?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm a big fan of the Earl Grey Imperior from TeaGschwendner. It's actually a first flush Darjeeling, so the astringency stays pretty mild (so long as you don't overbrew it). Unfortunately, I just went over to the website to place an order and found that they are out of stock at the moment.

I'm a big fan of the Earl Grey Imperior from TeaGschwendner. It's actually a first flush Darjeeling, so the astringency stays pretty mild (so long as you don't overbrew it). Unfortunately, I just went over to the website to place an order and found that they are out of stock at the moment.
Thank you, gives me something to look for. I see they have a US location so shipping shouldn't be a problem.

If anyone is interested, just discovered that Williams & Sonoma will be carrying the Fortnum & Mason Earl Grey starting in Feb. I was able to place a preorder and get a free shipping deal.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Thank you, gives me something to look for. I see they have a US location so shipping shouldn't be a problem.

TGS is running a sale on certain Chinese teas and a shipping promotion (free for a $60 order). I popped over and saw that the Earl Grey Imperior is back in stock.

Top Bottom