What's new

Earl Grey - What's your favorite?

Looking for a new bag. I am exploring some new teas and want to find my favorite earl grey in a new twist. Any favorites out there?

I have been using Bellocq for two years now; outstanding teas truly, but it's time to try new variations.

I love that orange bright flavor with quality leaves.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I find most Earl Grey teas rather insipid. My favorite tea is Australian Bushells Blue Lable. This is not readily obtainable outside of Australia so I buy about 2kg each year when I visit Australia.

Anyone tried Twynings Lady Grey? A bit fruitier than the Earl Grey. Very nice.

Actually I prefer the Waitrose supermarket's own brand version of it, Marquess Grey, though I doubt you'd find that over the pond!

Gareth

Actually I prefer the Waitrose supermarket's own brand version of it, Marquess Grey, though I doubt you'd find that over the pond!

Gareth
Ive tried it but its too fruity for me. I started drinking tea with green tea, so Im used to stuff that is more bitter. I like Earl Grey but Lady Grey is a step too far for me.

I cater to black assam tea, as It can stand up to a dollop of 1/2/ 1/2.
Earl grey is ok, once and a while.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I love the Earl Grey Imperior from TeaGschwendner. It's a darjeeling with true bergamot oil. I've not found its equal.

Gareth
Twining's Lady Grey was the first tea that got me hooked, many years ago. I don't consider it "fruity" as much as citrusy (parsing, I know). I don't like teas with added fruit flavors that are not bergamot or lemon, and this one fits the bill for me. If you have tried it and mostly like it, I'd suggest trying a slightly different form, as they all have their own profiles: tea bags, loose leaf in a can, loose in a big European box.

Along with TeaSource, Minneapolis has an incredible tea shop called La Societe du The. Although they don't have an online shop, they do a high volume of phone orders across the country. Give them a call and ask for the Imperial Earl Grey and Earl Grey Lavande. You'll like one or both a lot. The imperial is made with a much higher grade black tea than you'll find in your average earl grey.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I've been drinking tea from Adagio teas and some interesting samples from Vahdam, but my taste doesn't lean toward earl gray.

But it's the only tea my wife drinks and she prefers Taylors of Harrogate.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Twinings is what I grew up with so it has a certain special appeal for me even though there’s doubtless better ones out there.

Top Bottom