What's new

Ear Lobes

I did it again today. I cut the spot where my ear lobe attaches to my face. I seem to do this with way too much regularity and I blame it on the protruding tabs from the bade. I don't cut my ear lobe with razors where the blade fits the razor and the tab does not extend beyond the head. Now, I realize I probably am rushing things when I attempt to shave that area so some of this is on me, but I don't shave like a crazy man either. This time around I was using a Razorock Old Type head. I really like it because it is fairly mild for an open comb razor. Despite my ear lobe mishap I got a BBS with a DFS on the left side of my neck, which is about as good as I can expect.....except for that dang ear lobe. I'm just ranting but was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issues. :001_unsur

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Maybe you could try some wrestling head gear next time! Hehe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

PaulHFilms always mentions whether a razor he is using has an "overhang" (his words), by which he means tabs that protrude from the ends of the razors. Unfortunately, the vast majority of DE razors have such overhangs. You might try shaving with an SE or Injector razor. They don't have such protruberances.

this week I've been shaving with my Baili TTO, a very inexpensive but efficient razor that has no tab exposure. Also, the Bevel has no tab exposure. According to press releases, the Rockwell Model T won't have tab overhang either. I sometimes have issues with that very same thing, especially shaving behind the ears.

I think speed is the problem. Slow down.

No doubt. I am pretty fair about which side I cut and can say I've cut each lobe with equal frequency. I posted this because I now have cut myself twice during the last two weeks. I'll try and slow things down.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I was in a rush yesterday and did the same thing for the very fist time. I almost jumped right out of my socks! lol

Two thoughts.
One, use a magnifying shave mirror
Second, pull up on ear lobe to stretch skin, maybe using alum block on fingertipto keep a grip

Two thoughts.
One, use a magnifying shave mirror
Second, pull up on ear lobe to stretch skin, maybe using alum block on fingertipto keep a grip

All good ideas. And I'll try them all since I don't like wiping blood from my ear all morning long. It doesn't hurt all that much but it is bothersome managing the blood.

I'd use the bloodletting to justify one of these:
IMG_0902.JPG

Total tab coverage, and looks pretty nifty.

I did it again today. I cut the spot where my ear lobe attaches to my face. I seem to do this with way too much regularity and I blame it on the protruding tabs from the bade.
I'm betting that you were in the "dream world" each time. :nono:

By "dream world" I mean where most people spend most of their lives, i.e. thinking about the future or the past. You need to remember that razors are sharp (yes, even the tabs), and that you have to be in the present moment to stay safe (not to mention getting a better and more enjoyable shave). Would you be thinking about what's for dinner if you were walking a tightrope over Niagara Falls?

Just sayin'. :devil:

EDIT:
That's why rushing never works. "More haste, less speed" as Granny used to say.

Top Bottom