What's new

E U R E K A ! ! ! Will G Rules!

Rushing off to work, but I wanted to report what just happened:

I took Joel's advice and got WillG's Peppermint Shea soap, and I also (kinda ...) took Scotto's advice and used a "more aggressive" setting.

Today I used said soap with PSO, and with a SLANT/NEW FEATHER combo. I went **4** passes, just because it felt so good ... and not a single nick, tear, slice or rip. The razor just GLIDED over my face. I could have done 3 or 4 more passes, if I wanted. The soap stayed moist, my face stayed lubricated, and the SLANT just flew. Even got the majority of nasty hair on my chin this time! And talk about FACETURBATION!! I can't keep my hands off my face!

EVERYONE: GET WILL G'S Soap! Quickly!!!!!

Considering all the trouble I have been through here and on SMF, this is a true REVELATION :) .. Last time I felt this good is when I bought my first new BMW a few months ago!

There was a small bit of irritation on my lower neck, but a single dab of Tendskin took care of it. Finished off with my normal Dr Harris AS Milk.

Thanks to everyone, and especially WILLG, Joel, Ron, and Scotto!

Gotta run!

vontech said:
Rushing off to work, but I wanted to report what just happened:

I took Joel's advice and got WillG's Peppermint Shea soap, and I also (kinda ...) took Scotto's advice and used a "more aggressive" setting.

Today I used said soap with PSO, and with a SLANT/NEW FEATHER combo. I went **4** passes, just because it felt so good ... and not a single nick, tear, slice or rip. The razor just GLIDED over my face. I could have done 3 or 4 more passes, if I wanted. The soap stayed moist, my face stayed lubricated, and the SLANT just flew. Even got the majority of nasty hair on my chin this time! And talk about FACETURBATION!! I can't keep my hands off my face!

EVERYONE: GET WILL G'S Soap! Quickly!!!!!

Considering all the trouble I have been through here and on SMF, this is a true REVELATION :) .. Last time I felt this good is when I bought my first new BMW a few months ago!

There was a small bit of irritation on my lower neck, but a single dab of Tendskin took care of it. Finished off with my normal Dr Harris AS Milk.

Thanks to everyone, and especially WILLG, Joel, Ron, and Scotto!

Gotta run!

Glad to hear Will G worked out for you.... I think I would go as far as to say the Will G Shea Butter soap is my favorite soap, and that I prefer it to any cream. Did you get the Will G aftershave as well? Now all we gotta do is get you off of that tendskin - then you'll REALLY be set!! :biggrin:

Tom,

:a14: Great news! I bet you were starting to lose faith. Four passes no less, maybe that means we can start prolonging the life of your blades now too. :wink:

Glad to hear that you finally managed to get that smooth and pain free shave.

-Nick

The Will G. sheas are great. I get a little worried about shouting it from the tallest mountain b/c right now, they're also very economical too. So is the ASB. Here's to hoping our purchases don't inflate Will's head too much..:wink:

Glad to hear things are improving! Just beware - much like golf, the gods sometimes throw you a bone, only to have you crash even more severely afterwards. Take it slow and easy and you'll achieve Shavevana before you know it.

You can see my comments on the #37 in the other Will G. thread. Joel seems to really dig #7. Just to reiterate, I would try most of the other scents before #37- it is citrus vanilla, but most accurately citrus vanilla candle. I would say the shea soap scent is bearable, but the asb is still sitting under my sink brand new. Too much. Candle smell.

Dripp said:
Have any of you tried his scent #7 or #37?

I have them both, and enjoy them both.... but I find the #7 superior to the #37. The #7 is really the "cat's meow" as far as I am concerned. The peppermint is also not to be taken lightly... it is really delightful, and ever so slightly tingly. I gotta say..... I am a Will G Shea soap man. This stuff is "boss." (a descriptive word for you old guys :biggrin: )

And this is why I lurk here instead of SMF. Great reviews and most importantly, honest and helpful reviews.

SMF is a fine forum but I always appreciate the blatent honesty from Joel and the others. If I watched SMF all the time, I'd end up buying every product known to man! Here, I can be picky since not every single product is pumped.

joel said:
I gotta say..... I am a Will G Shea soap man. This stuff is "boss."
Joel-- Would you consider Will G shea soap + CAR A/S balm to be the ultimate combo (regardless of price) or would you consider it "overkill"?

--Mark

mantic said:
Joel-- Would you consider Will G shea soap + CAR A/S balm to be the ultimate combo (regardless of price) or would you consider it "overkill"?

--Mark

Mark,
Yes... I cannot think of a superior, more foolproof, userfriendly combo that delivers such outstanding and consistant results. The A/S isn't cheap - but it lasts a long time.... a REALLY long time - which in turn makes it "inexpensive" - get a tub of the CAR A/S and a few cakes of Will G, and you are set for a year of shaving for under $50.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
vontech said:
Today I used said soap with PSO, and with a SLANT/NEW FEATHER combo.

A slant bar with a new feather? Well, that certainly meets my definition of a tough buy!

ouch said:
A slant bar with a new feather? Well, that certainly meets my definition of a tough buy!
I agree. I feel bad now for sending Tom an Israeli Personna blade to try; he said it was unusable. If a Feather/Slant combo works best for him, Tom's beard must be the "Hacksaw Jim Duggan" of the shaving world ("Whaddya gonna do 'bout it, tough guy?!?") :w00t:

--Mark

Yes, I do have a nasty beard. It doesn't grow very fast, but what does grow is MEAN! I had a full beard my entire life and only shaved it off 4 years ago when my new job in Oregon required it (go figure -- lumberjacks, fishermen, and they MAKE me shave!). First time in over 35 years of jobs with 25 different companies that I had to shave it off (lots of computer startups that failed ...).

The Slant/Feather combo is doing a great job on my face. I've experienced no cuts or nicks and only a small amount of irritation.

I should be receiving a new Futur today or tomorrow, so I look forward to giving that one a try! I find the Slant a little too "slight", so I thought the Futur would be better.

Stay tuned ...:tongue_sm

Tom

after reading the glowing reviews I pulled the trigger on the #7 and patchouli shea soaps and aftershaves. I really dig patchouli so I'm psyched.

Top Bottom