What's new

E-Pipes

I’m looking into E-Pipes (I know, SACRELIDGE!) so I can smoke in places where I can’t smoke my regular pipes.
I’m wondering if anyone else uses E-pipes, your thoughts, and what’s the best in your opinion?
I don’t care for the ones that have the clear tube in the stem, cause IMO it doesn’t look like a regular pipe.
I’ve done some research and have looked around, now I’d like to get your thoughts and/or reviews.

Thanks for your time,

Rico

The only e-pipes I have seen with decent real pipe type looks are all custom made, and usually extremely pricy, unfortunately...

I'm curious, what is the motivation? I see e-replacements for every type of smoking around but I haven't been able to grasp why you would bother except if you're addicted and need to replace nicotine at short intervals, but that doesn't seem to be an issue for most pipe smokers. My wife recently bought a few e-hookahs (which, unlike e-pipes, are not shaped for their namesake, they just look like e-cigs) and I tried them but couldn't figure out why I was bothering with it...it was nothing like smoking a hookah.

(Please do not take this with any tone other than casual matter-of-fact; it is not criticism. I'm 100% genuinely curious.)

I'm curious, what is the motivation? I see e-replacements for every type of smoking around but I haven't been able to grasp why you would bother except if you're addicted and need to replace nicotine at short intervals, but that doesn't seem to be an issue for most pipe smokers. My wife recently bought a few e-hookahs (which, unlike e-pipes, are not shaped for their namesake, they just look like e-cigs) and I tried them but couldn't figure out why I was bothering with it...it was nothing like smoking a hookah.

(Please do not take this with any tone other than casual matter-of-fact; it is not criticism. I'm 100% genuinely curious.)

You know that excellent relaxed feeling you get, holding onto a nice pipe? The way it just fits in the hand, and draws nice and light with lots of flavor? Standard shaped ecigs don't really replicate that.

OK, Finally have time to sit down and write out a post.

Well, I’ve looked into the e-pipes and other vaping mechanisms some more.
It looks like I’d be better off getting a “mod” or “personal vaporizer (PV).” The quality of some of the e-pipes is questionable, you’re limited to the pipe’s form factor and some parts are proprietary so they cost more. It’s easier to replace parts and modify the other units because the parts are more common and it looks less expensive.

I found a part called Kuwako from Janty that looks like a round pipe bowl. When attached to a PV, makes it look like a pipe. So I had an idea. I can find an old pipe at an antique store then drill a hole in the shank big enough to fit the PV I’ll have so it’ll look like a pipe.

Maybe later on, when I save enough money, I may look into a custom-made pipe.
My motivation is to have something I can “smoke” in places tobacco is not allowed.
Like after a meal in a restaurant or strolling the mall.
I’ve only smoked a pipe, so I’m not addicted to nicotine but maybe to holding a pipe, drawing on it and relaxing. :lol:

Puff Free,
Rico

OK, Finally have time to sit down and write out a post.

Well, I’ve looked into the e-pipes and other vaping mechanisms some more.
It looks like I’d be better off getting a “mod” or “personal vaporizer (PV).” The quality of some of the e-pipes is questionable, you’re limited to the pipe’s form factor and some parts are proprietary so they cost more. It’s easier to replace parts and modify the other units because the parts are more common and it looks less expensive.

I found a part called Kuwako from Janty that looks like a round pipe bowl. When attached to a PV, makes it look like a pipe. So I had an idea. I can find an old pipe at an antique store then drill a hole in the shank big enough to fit the PV I’ll have so it’ll look like a pipe.

Maybe later on, when I save enough money, I may look into a custom-made pipe.
My motivation is to have something I can “smoke” in places tobacco is not allowed.
Like after a meal in a restaurant or strolling the mall.
I’ve only smoked a pipe, so I’m not addicted to nicotine but maybe to holding a pipe, drawing on it and relaxing. :lol:

Puff Free,
Rico

If you wait too long, they'll outlaw e-pipes/cigs/etc. in the same places they banned normal smoking. NYC was just the first of many.

IIRC - I heard that the SCOTUS was or is going to rule against NYC. I think I read SCOTUS is saying it's unconstitutional.

IIRC - I heard that the SCOTUS was or is going to rule against NYC. I think I read SCOTUS is saying it's unconstitutional.

Hasn't gone to the SCOTUS yet, and they will not comment on a case that may come before them.

It's possible that a circuit court granted an injunction against enforcement, but it takes years to get a case to the SCOTUS.

Ya, true. I just know that I've got a bunch of scrambled information in my head from my research the last few days!

Rico

I can still see the allure of it even if you can't use it in public. I don't want to smoke in my house, for instance, because of nasty old smoke smell. So, being able to vape inside my place without having to deal with the various odors would be a much welcome positive.

That said... all of this over regulation needs to stop. However, it seems people only care if you try to ban Big Gulps.

Ya, The U.S. is turning into a nanny nation. The meaning of the abbreviation NYC should be changed to Nanny Your Citizens.
I don't smoke in the house or my truck and it's way too cold to smoke outside. I can only get to the cigar & pipe store with smoking lounge on Saturdays. So I second your thoughts about vaping in the house.

Rico

Top Bottom