What's new

E-Go One

I rarely go over 13 watts. I didn't understand why people wanted so much power available until I started building my own coils and used different gage wire. The only time I went over 13 watts was when I decided to try some 24 ga wire for my build and I needed that much power to get it hot quickly. If you only use the thinner wire like 28 - 32 ga, I don't really see a need for that much power. Unless having that much potential results in a higher mA rating. I'm not a cloud chaser (wife hates it) and prefer a cool vape with lots of flavor. But that's just me.
I'm sure the first month or so I will be building all kinds of coils just for fun, I don't know about cloud chasing and all that, but ya never know. How much juice do you go through by the way?

lol. I almost had that today in my Scout. It's been rainy here for a while and the humidity is up. I was in my Scout to pick up my car when I took a puff and exhaled...dang near ran off the road because I couldn't see through the cloud.

lol. I almost had that today in my Scout. It's been rainy here for a while and the humidity is up. I was in my Scout to pick up my car when I took a puff and exhaled...dang near ran off the road because I couldn't see through the cloud.
Scout as in close relative to the old bronco?

I'm sure the first month or so I will be building all kinds of coils just for fun, I don't know about cloud chasing and all that, but ya never know. How much juice do you go through by the way?

Depends on the build and nic content. If I'm using 12 nic liquid the amount goes down. I usually use 12 nic for stealth vaping in my cubical and if I'm dripping I use 9 nic. If I'm dripping at 9 nic I'll go through 3-4 ml in a day. If I'm using the Kayfun with low ohm vertical coil and 12 nic it can be as low as 2 ml. It really depends on how efficient my build is and nic content. I recently stopped building the vertical coils because I just couldn't get the same flavor I do with a horizontal build.

Depends on the build and nic content. If I'm using 12 nic liquid the amount goes down. I usually use 12 nic for stealth vaping in my cubical and if I'm dripping I use 9 nic. If I'm dripping at 9 nic I'll go through 3-4 ml in a day. If I'm using the Kayfun with low ohm vertical coil and 12 nic it can be as low as 2 ml. It really depends on how efficient my build is and nic content. I recently stopped building the vertical coils because I just couldn't get the same flavor I do with a horizontal build.
Uggg, so much to learn about this, gonna drive me nuts figuring everything out.

Well, if there's anything I can do to help sort out some of the details, I'll do my best. Have you built any coils?

$uploadfromtaptalk1432172885554.jpg This is all I have ever vaped.[emoji52]

Ok. First of all it isn't as hard as most make it out to be.

First thing I'd do is read up on mech mods and VV mods. Knowledge will be your first line of defense and safety net against things going wrong. Trust me, you do NOT want things to go wrong when you're basically building a coil to drain the power out of a battery.

I have both but I haven't used my mech mod very much since I got the SVD v2.0. The SVD is good down to ~.8 ohms which is fine by me and the iStick 30w is good down to .5 ohms. Meaning it's safe to use with a coil built to that ohm specification if your battery can handle the power draw. Peruse the net for box mod reviews and specifications. The more safety features, the better. Short circuit protection, over-heat protection, reverse polarity protection are all things to consider in your purchase.

I would be cautious of mech mods until you get the hang of building coils and recognizing potential hazards. A couple months ago I set my bottom fire mech on my desktop and didn't notice the weight of the topper fired the trigger. I was very fortunate that I noticed it before it either melted down or exploded. As it was, the entire mod was too hot to pick up and had to knock it over to dis-engage the fire button. :scared:

For a topper, a cheap single coil dripper would be easiest to start with. The IGo-L or W is a cheap way to go, I don't remember which is the single coil dripper though.

You can PM me with any questions you have. I have a friend that wants to learn how to build coils so I might make a simple build tutorial.

See my sig. :thumbup1:

Ok. First of all it isn't as hard as most make it out to be.

First thing I'd do is read up on mech mods and VV mods. Knowledge will be your first line of defense and safety net against things going wrong. Trust me, you do NOT want things to go wrong when you're basically building a coil to drain the power out of a battery.

I have both but I haven't used my mech mod very much since I got the SVD v2.0. The SVD is good down to ~.8 ohms which is fine by me and the iStick 30w is good down to .5 ohms. Meaning it's safe to use with a coil built to that ohm specification if your battery can handle the power draw. Peruse the net for box mod reviews and specifications. The more safety features, the better. Short circuit protection, over-heat protection, reverse polarity protection are all things to consider in your purchase.

I would be cautious of mech mods until you get the hang of building coils and recognizing potential hazards. A couple months ago I set my bottom fire mech on my desktop and didn't notice the weight of the topper fired the trigger. I was very fortunate that I noticed it before it either melted down or exploded. As it was, the entire mod was too hot to pick up and had to knock it over to dis-engage the fire button. :scared:

For a topper, a cheap single coil dripper would be easiest to start with. The IGo-L or W is a cheap way to go, I don't remember which is the single coil dripper though.

You can PM me with any questions you have. I have a friend that wants to learn how to build coils so I might make a simple build tutorial.

See my sig. [emoji106]1:
Thank you very much Chas, I will be gettin in touch with you when I get my stuff, probably gonna order it Friday.

:001_huh:
Good lord! A single '650 lasts me 2 days. Do you sub-ohm? How much juice in a day?

Yes I do subohm. Ummm it varies, I recently found a juice I like so I have gone through about 10ml a day.

LOL maybe he like to look like a freight train all day.
I have had people stop me in the street about that :blush: *Side Note* I only make big clouds when I won't bother anyone, don't do it when I am surrounded by people.

Tim, I have been meaning to start some threads on building and such. I have been super busy and keep forgetting. If you need any help, please start a thread, or PM me. If I don't know the answer, I know lots of people who will know the answer.

Tim, I have been meaning to start some threads on building and such. I have been super busy and keep forgetting. If you need any help, please start a thread, or PM me. If I don't know the answer, I know lots of people who will know the answer.
Cool I am super excited about jumping into real vaping, these little vapes have been ok just not very tasty and a little to hot for me. I am looking forward to finding that sweet spot where I say that tastes awesome. My wife could care less right now but once she gets set up I think she will change her mind too.

Cool I am super excited about jumping into real vaping, these little vapes have been ok just not very tasty and a little to hot for me. I am looking forward to finding that sweet spot where I say that tastes awesome. My wife could care less right now but once she gets set up I think she will change her mind too.
Finding the right juice helps as well, if you get into drippers you will be amazed at the flavour they pump out.

Finding the right juice helps as well, if you get into drippers you will be amazed at the flavour they pump out.
Yes juice will have to be a high priority as well, I have been vaping some local brewed stuff, not sure how it will do in a mod I will definitely have to experiment with those. What are some of the juices you use?

Yes juice will have to be a high priority as well, I have been vaping some local brewed stuff, not sure how it will do in a mod I will definitely have to experiment with those. What are some of the juices you use?

My favourite stuff at the minute is a juice I got at Vape Jam, the company is called Twelve Monkeys.
I believe they have stockists in the US now, or will soon; they are a Canadian based company.
My favourites are O-Rangz, and Kanzi.
http://www.12monkeysvapor.com/

Top Bottom