What's new

Dyson Vacuums really suck

So my wife left the vacuum out and didn't tell me why... she thought she had vacuumed up a sock.

I took the vacuum apart (remove canister, remove some tubing) and discovered two full length pencils, a crayon, and the beater brush full of hair.

So pencils and crayon are removed with ease. Beater brush removed, all hair cut off with scissors and removed, then with many words of vulgarity it was reinstalled as getting the beater brush through the belt is always a chore of some difficulty.

Vacuum is as good as new (and it is over 15 years old).

You did a good job. And it is over 15 years old.
because of how this one has worked I bought one of their stick vacuums (refurbished to save money) and have used it for cleaning lint from the dryer, cleaning the corners where walls meet the floor, sucking up live black widow spiders, and many other vacuuming uses.

We're a multi Dyson household as well. Amazing for what they are.
I bought my wife their hairdryer, and my God it is equally amazing... dry hair, in half the time.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
We own a Dyson canister vacuum (10 years), stick vacuum (1 year), hair dryer (4 years) and fan/heater (5 years). All work incredibly well. Great build quality and design. Highly recommended.

We had a Dyson Animal upright from before they came out with the whole ball thing. It must be at least 15 years old, if not more. Worked great until recently. Apparently dropping the Dyson down a full flight of stairs is a bit more than it could take. The vaccum literally snapped in half. So what did I do? Went out and bought the new Dyson stick vaccum. I didnt get a full size this time because the vaccum destruction occured during a downsizing house move, and we are now apartment dwellers. And soon to be nomads living in our RV. So the stick is perfect for us now.

Rainbow for us. 25+ years old and not a lick of trouble. Additional plus is that you never have a loss of suction due to filter plugging. worth every penny!

So my wife left the vacuum out and didn't tell me why... she thought she had vacuumed up a sock.

I took the vacuum apart (remove canister, remove some tubing) and discovered two full length pencils, a crayon, and the beater brush full of hair.

So pencils and crayon are removed with ease. Beater brush removed, all hair cut off with scissors and removed, then with many words of vulgarity it was reinstalled as getting the beater brush through the belt is always a chore of some difficulty.

Vacuum is as good as new (and it is over 15 years old).
Amen. Ive got an old Dyson that is about 15 years old too and it still works as good as it did the day that I bought it. Mine is the cheapie yellow one too.

I still have my Nilfisk GS90, 39 years old. Works still good.
Only the wheels are not that good anymore, but that does not matter, my appartment is not so big so I don't have to carry it much to do the apartment

I saw the subject and quickly jumped in. I thought quality control must have gone down. You totally got me with the subject. I bought mine in 2001 or 2002, have dogs, use it weekly and the only maintenance I’ve done is empty the dust bin. Good to know you got yours going.

Reactions: abj
I saw the subject and quickly jumped in. I thought quality control must have gone down. You totally got me with the subject. I bought mine in 2001 or 2002, have dogs, use it weekly and the only maintenance I’ve done is empty the dust bin. Good to know you got yours going.

I love mine... the only drawback is when my wife or son runs over an object that should have been picked up and put away (legos.... yup dig through the dust bin to find them, pens, pencils, socks, loose coins, and much more).

Reactions: abj
Top Bottom