What's new

DVDspot.com, say it ain't so! Say it ain't so!

Yesterday, I started to show someone at work my dvd collection that I had catalogued on dvdspot.com only to find that dvdspot closed down on the 15th of October, without any warning. I was sick... I had over 650 titles from my collection listed on there. It took a lot of work to scan all those barcodes and type in the titles that didn't show up via scan. Anyway, I'm looking for a free, stand-alone alternative. I want something that will let me enter a UPC code and have it go online and populate the database with all the pertinent information about the release. Cover pictures aren't necessary, but it'd be nice to have them. It would also be nice to have lending tracking. Anyone have any good leads?

The My Movies plugin for Windows Media Center seems pretty cool. The brother of my special lady friend has been using it. I'm pretty sure it lets you host your collection database online, and it hunts down all the movie info for you when you throw the disc in your computer. I'm not sure if there are other input methods.

http://www.mymovies.dk/

I know the website doesn't look like much, but the program is extremely smooth. The only downside is that it uses WMC, but if you bought a computer with Vista on it recently you likely already have access to it.

I just type my titles into an excel spreadsheet and then save the file to the hard drive and back it up online at Google.

I installed and played with a little program called Libra that is pretty neat, but I really miss the statistical info that dvdspot gave me. I'm gonna look at that DataCrow though... that looks promising.

Top Bottom