What's new

Duru Kolonya from Turkey

The Greeks have MIRTIA , a nice fresh lemon scented kolonya
gr1.jpg
gr2.jpg
gr3.jpg

I picked up a bottle of Mandarin Kolonya in Turkey last year.

Great stuff and smells even better than the lemon.

Perfect for a late evening shave when you dont want to be using your best aftershaves at bedtime!
Rebul Mandarin or another brand?

MIrtia which copies quite the name of Mirto EDC lemon or Lavender.
It says on the right:
Ingredients:Water,Alcohol Denat.,Retsina oil,Fragrance

Outside Usage
And a number in case someone has problems with wrong usage of the product.

All in all nice cologne...
GOOD ONE PAISANO !!...Some readers of the post will not understand , so I hope this will help them !
Retsina 5.jpg

There is a decanter full of it in my bathroom. I use it as a cologne, but also to clean & shine the chrome taps - no joke, it's great for that and leaves the bathroom lemony.
Turkish people use lemon cologne as a cleaner, pick-me-up and sometimes as a cologne.

GOOD ONE PAISANO !!...Some readers of the post will not understand , so I hope this will help them !View attachment 989291
Special Quality Retsina.
It is wine with the help of grapes and resin from the pine trees.
All greeks drink this stuff when going to taverns.
Enjoy my friend!!!
And if you come to Greece send me a message!

And to be exact on this thread...

proxy.php

Norina Lemon cologne from Greece...

Special Quality Retsina.
It is wine with the help of grapes and resin from the pine trees.
All greeks drink this stuff when going to taverns.
Enjoy my friend!!!
And if you come to Greece send me a message!

And to be exact on this thread...

proxy.php

Norina Lemon cologne from Greece...
We have lots of Greek festivals here, I attended one last week!...Lots of good food , 10 kinds of retsina , delicious BRAVO coffee and beautiful dancing women..... 2 things that have vanished are these 2 soaps , never see them anymore...
soap socrates collection (thesoapopera.com).jpg
soap-shave-nation_2048x2048.jpg

You can find the papoutsanis variation soaps.
Socrates could be a rebranded papoutsanis.
Here are rebranded papoutsanis for various supermarkets.Super market Galaxias(Galaxy) has a variation with pine which is the best pine soap for the money.

If you want Papoutsanis tell me.

Speaking of pine, PINO SILVESTRE Pine Gems bath soap has the best pine scent I ever used , but almost impossible to find...
Pine_Gems_Essence_Pino_Bar_Soap.jpg

@malocchio is there any similarity between the Turkish Lemon Kolonya and Limon Myrsol (aside from the menthol)?

I want to add something lemon to the rotation for warmer weather. I really like the Myrsols I have.

@malocchio is there any similarity between the Turkish Lemon Kolonya and Limon Myrsol (aside from the menthol)?

I want to add something lemon to the rotation for warmer weather. I really like the Myrsols I have.
Yes , the scent is quite different than Duru , more "clean crisp " lemon scent . If you have a Pakistani or Middle Eastern market near you look for PE-RE-JA limon kolonyasi , it's quite different from Duru
ec11b05f1cc66b18ed7ffba2b82d6b50.jpg

And...no burn at all? Strange, it warmed my face at first, then cooled it as it evaporated, but didn't sting at all. The high alcohol content was sure to dry the ever-loving crap out of my face though, so I quickly put some Nivea cream on to trap any remaining moisture in my skin in.
I love strong alcohol and menthol ASLs (and hate any nasty pore clogging balms/creams/etc).

I do have slightly dry skin on my face, neck, and hands... so the straight Duru was a bit drying. I love its fresh scent so I adjusted the mix to suit my skin, as follows:

89% Duru Limon Kolonya 80°
10% Glycerin
1% Menthol Crystals (all by weight)

Earlier today was the first time I'd seen this thread, so of course my SOTD had to include my "special" Duru:
SOTD-NEW-FB-GT-R_2023-03-28.jpg
:001_wub:

Top Bottom