What's new

Dunhill indian Sandalwood

Got this one for Christmas. Not sure how I missed this one earlier. Seems very nice to me. Some reviews say it seems too artificial. Does not seem so to me, although I am sure it is unlikely that there would be any Indian sandalwood in it. Seems like a nice creamy sandalwood to me. A keeper.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
The Dunhill Signature Series frags don't get the attention they deserve. Probably because they haven't been deeply discounted yet. I have the Amalfi Citrus and it's mouth watering Italian citrus. Among my faves. If I can find the Sandalwood priced below $60 perhaps I'll give it a go.

The Dunhill Signature Series frags don't get the attention they deserve. Probably because they haven't been deeply discounted yet. I have the Amalfi Citrus and it's mouth watering Italian citrus. Among my faves. If I can find the Sandalwood priced below $60 perhaps I'll give it a go.
It looked like a very nice line up. I think the bottle I got was discounted to about $80.

I have been pretty much wearing this Dunhill Indian Sandalwood every day since Christmas. I really like it. It has legs and smells natural enough to me. Maybe not as creamy as, say, a real vintage MPG Santal Noble, which I am guessing was made with actual Mysore sandalwood and to me was on an entirely different level of sw. But I would say about as creamy as the current version, and less sharp than many others I can think of, such as the AOS, which was said to made with Australian sw. I suppose I would still prefer the current version of the MPG over this Dunhill sw, but the price difference is enormous, and the Dunhill may be less formal and thus more versatile. I really do like a good sw scent. There are not many these days as far as I can tell.

Owen Bawn

Thanks to this thread I purchased a bottle this afternoon at a great price on eBay. My only sandalwoods are a cheap kanon called Norwegian Wood, which is surprisingly good at less than $20, and the DR Harris Sandalwood. I like the DRH, but I think it's greasy. It has a terrific camphor note that I particularly enjoy.

I own it and love it. I doubt it’s real mysore sandalwood given the price, but it smells authentic to me. They did a very good job blending this fragrance.
8F6592F6-A8D7-4DB6-8C67-9FE563C0A112.jpeg

One pays for Dunhill, especially for their neckties and clothing.
And their cigars.

Generally not their fragrances though. Most of them are dirt cheap ($20-40). The signature collection is relatively new, so still expensive. They will likely drop in the next year or two. 🤞

A quick Google seems to indicate this signature sandalwood is available for about $60 from various sources. That seems rather inexpesnsive to me, at least compared to Dunhill cigars, neckties, etc. Especially clothes!

A quick Google seems to indicate this signature sandalwood is available for about $60 from various sources. That seems rather inexpesnsive to me, at least compared to Dunhill cigars, neckties, etc. Especially clothes!
Yeah, I just grabbed a bottle of Ebay for $54.00. Since @CJB3 seems to enjoy it, that's good enough reason for me. I also want to conserve my supply of vintage Egoiste so I'm hoping I like it.

Owen Bawn

I've enjoyed mine. Have worn it twice since receiving it a couple weeks ago. I'm a big Dunhill fan boy.

I'm a big Dunhill fan boy.
I wonder if any of the stores around here carry the Dunhill Select with testers out for them. I am impressed with this sandalwood. I would say I have worn it nearly every day for over a month. Been that kind of a month, though. I like the supposed soothing powers of sandalwood!

I do not think this has been mentioned, but to me it has a particularly handsome bottle. Looks good out on my sink. I really try to keep most scents put away. Better for them to be out of the light and I can't have scores of things on my sink. But for this one I seem to make a subsonscious exception.

I've been eying their Sandalwood for a bit. Have a few Dunhill frags and they've all been winners. That bottle seems to combine the Custom and Icon designs, it's a beauty.

Top Bottom