What's new

Duke Cannon

Great marketing. Average soap. The bar is way to big for my liking so I cut it in half. As best I could anyway. Basically just ended up taking chunks off the bar until it was used up. I’ve tried 2 bars and moved on to better soaps of normal size.
Agree. Ive since moved on to Dove and find it to be a much better soap. It lathers great and seems to do a good job adding mositure to my skin.
When I use up all the Dove I have, Im thinking about trying Bulldog's soap. Its a bit expensive ($6 for a 7 oz bar) but I like their products. I use their beard oil, beard shampoo and face moisturizer and its all good stuff.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Anyone tried their charcoal deodorant, please?
Thanks!
Yes. Works no better than any other deodorant on the market. Speed stick, Duke Cannon, Everyman Jack, for me are all about the same in preventing odor. Tom's of Maine Natural long lasting and Nancy Boy's Tea Tree deodorant works better than the Duke Cannon or most others, but I'm not a fan of the smell of the Nancy Boy.

The best solution for me has been to use a stick of Potassium Alum. Keeps me drier than just deodorant and fights odor as well. No scent either which I find a plus. On days where I know this won't be strong enough, long physical hours or somesuch, well then I'll break out the anti-perspirant - BAN. I don't like using it, but if I absolutely need to be guaranteed not to have pit stink, any anti-perspirant works well beyond a simple deodorant for me. I'm not sure about the long term effects of antiperspirants and all the crap in them, so I use deodorant or alum 95% of the time.

I should add that I think the Potassium alum stick is going to be the lowest cost to use. It's seems to last forever.

I tend to prefer unscented pit stuff because most of the scents are strong and not all that great. I'll pick a nice AS or cologne if I want to smell pretty. Besides scents described as FRESH, MOUNTAIN, ACTIVE, BREEZE and other vague terms don't appeal to me.

M

Member 113878

Thanks.
Actually, I also use an alum stick, I’m just looking at alternatives.
Did it feel sticky in the pit?
Is there some kind of charcoal residue on the skin?

Best!
François

I have all of their colognes, both the sprays and the solids. Good scents for the money, and last long enough for a work day.

I like their big bars of soap. I like boozy scents. Again, they last quite a while.

Their huge stick of lip balm works great, and it's about five times the amount of balm you get from other brands.

Their spray-on foot powder smells great and does the job. But there's no actual powder in it. It's a great odor neutralizer.

The Productivity body wash smells great and the price is right.

The aftershave balm works well and smells great, but it takes a while to not feel gooey afterward.

I don't like their Redwood beard balm. It's a good price for the huge amount you get, but it always leaves my beard feeling sticky. It's also super shiny when it "dries".

Those are the Duke Cannon products I've tried.

M

Member 113878

A few days ago I bought a stick of Green Beaver unscented deo.
Works great, no sticky feel, no scent at all.
1583261832900.png

Re: duke cannon.
Love: hair pomade, hair fiber, lip balm
Like a lot: big bath soaps, solid colognes
Didn’t like: shave cream, hair cream in tube.

Top Bottom