What's new

Duke 3 Synthectic in Sapphire!

I have two Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetics and I think they are great. However, I was on the Simpsons website and saw this beautiful sapphire handled synthetic Duke 3 and all resistance went the way of telephone party-lines, 8-track tapes, and dignified politics. My brush arrived yesterday (the last one they had in stock) and I used it this morning and definitely give it the thumbs up! With a 22-23 mm knot, it is not as beefy as the 27 mm knot Chubby 2 but it holds its own very well - no complaints whatsoever.

However, I must give credit where it is due and I tip my hat to Simpsons. Their premium synthetic fiber is very soft yet retains sufficient backbone to lather hard soaps. As long as you follow their advice and use painting strokes you should be a happy shaver.

Duke 3 Synthetic.jpg

Thank you for sharing. That's a very beautiful brush. May I, being the happy owner of the Chubby 2 Synthetic, ask how they compare?

Thank you for sharing. That's a very beautiful brush. May I, being the happy owner of the Chubby 2 Synthetic, ask how they compare?
The Duke is not as substantial as the Chubby but the Duke still lathers very well and application to the face is just fine. There is a bit of a difference overall, the knots dictate this, but it is not as great of a difference as I expected.

The Chubby2 synthetic is awesome, but the Duke 3 synthetic more than holds its own.

Love my Chubby2 synth but that is pretty! With the Chubby, I finally found a synth with backbone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ike
The Duke is not as substantial as the Chubby but the Duke still lathers very well and application to the face is just fine. There is a bit of a difference overall, the knots dictate this, but it is not as great of a difference as I expected.

The Chubby2 synthetic is awesome, but the Duke 3 synthetic more than holds its own.
Thank you 😊

I have two Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetics and I think they are great. However, I was on the Simpsons website and saw this beautiful sapphire handled synthetic Duke 3 and all resistance went the way of telephone party-lines, 8-track tapes, and dignified politics. My brush arrived yesterday (the last one they had in stock) and I used it this morning and definitely give it the thumbs up! With a 22-23 mm knot, it is not as beefy as the 27 mm knot Chubby 2 but it holds its own very well - no complaints whatsoever.

However, I must give credit where it is due and I tip my hat to Simpsons. Their premium synthetic fiber is very soft yet retains sufficient backbone to lather hard soaps. As long as you follow their advice and use painting strokes you should be a happy shaver.

View attachment 1053139

Thanks for directing me here, how did I miss this thread?!

Count me in among the chosen after taking delivery of my similar one this week. This is an absolutely lovely brush in use and in looks - perfect no less!

Here’s mine :001_wub:

2EEC1AFC-0BE0-48D6-AE3E-06FB2C1F12AB.jpeg

Guilty pleasures. I felt bad for a wee while when I bought the Chubby 1 synthetic.
Just a wee while mind. There was a time when I would have spent the same amount on beer
so these small luxuries ain't so bad.

Guilty pleasures. I felt bad for a wee while when I bought the Chubby 1 synthetic.
Just a wee while mind. There was a time when I would have spent the same amount on beer
so these small luxuries ain't so bad.
I understand and I must admit to having a weakness for your Fuller's London Pride and ESB beers, though they are difficult to find in the USA. Cheers my friend!

Top Bottom