What's new

Duffle Coat

I wore my new Gloverall coat today and I really like it. I am very pleased with the construction of the coat and the wool. Are there any others that like duffle coats? I hope to get many good years of service from it.

I got my Gloverall from Sierra Trading Post two years ago and I'm always happy to see the weather get cold enough for me to wear it. It's like wrapping a Teddy Bear around yourself. The only drawback for me is that I can't wear my fedoras with it if there's any chance I'll need to put up the hood. But I like my tweed Austin Reed cap pretty well too.

By the way, have you found the strap that buttons up inside the hood? It's great neck protection in the wind.

I have noticed the strap. The weather has not been severe enough to use it. I usually wear a scarf which provides good protection as well.

Last winter I bought a UK made "John Partridge" Long Duffle Coat from Sierra Trading. It's navy with a tartan lining. Wearing it basically feels like a heavy blanket so I only pull it out on the very coldest days where I live right now.

Top Bottom