What's new

Dublin, Ireland - Where to shop shaving supplies from - Online/Offline

I live in Dublin. There are very few shops with a decent selection that I have found. As @Brutus said above, knights barbers on Stephen's green is probably your best brick and mortar option. Manly stuff at 10 Dame Court is not a retail outlet. It might be the business address of the website, but there is no shop there. Grafton Barbers have their own range of soap which is very acceptable in my opinion. I think they are made in Italy, but the container just says made in the EU.

If you order from an EU state for delivery to your hotel, there will be no further customs, import duties or tax due.

Proraso can be found easily enough, some pharmacies also have old stock of Palmolive sticks for a couple of euro. If using DE, blades can be difficult to find, but again some pharmacies will have them. Boots typically have their own brand and Wilkinson Sword are not hard to find if you look.

US artisan soaps are impossible to get locally. Importing from Spain, the Netherlands or another EU country is your best bet in my opinion.

If you want carts or canned goo, you can find these in any supermarket, newsagent, or pharmacy. You will find carts are expensive though.
Hey @PintoPlain thanks for your message. I guess the conclusion now is that I need to order from g&c/YS etc and get it delivered to my hotel.

Just curious, if I order Simpsons from their website, will I be hit with customs? Are they are of UK or EU? I assume anything coming from UK would incur a custom duty?

Hey @PintoPlain thanks for your message. I guess the conclusion now is that I need to order from g&c/YS etc and get it delivered to my hotel.

Just curious, if I order Simpsons from their website, will I be hit with customs? Are they are of UK or EU? I assume anything coming from UK would incur a custom duty?
Not sure about Simpson, I think they are Isle of Man. If that is the case, there are customs charges, VAT and fees payable before delivery.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
In March while in Ireland I'm planning to visit an elderly auntie in Widnes (Liverpool). Thinking of booking an overnight trip to from Liverpool to Man. An easy ferry ride. Smuggling silvertips.

In March while in Ireland I'm planning to visit an elderly auntie in Widnes (Liverpool). Thinking of booking an overnight trip to from Liverpool to Man. An easy ferry ride. Smuggling silvertips.
It is an easy ferry ride. Although Man is not technically the UK, their taxes seem to be recognised UK wide. I could not get duty free going from Man to Liverpool, or on the flight from Dublin to Man. That was pre Brexit though.

Top Bottom