What's new

Dubl Duck Wonderedge Complete Re-build !!!!

Beautiful work! It looks gorgeous! :tongue_sm
I now know where to send a straight in need of a restauration should I ever come accross one.

:w00t: I always like it when the scales aren't drastically changed because I'm somehow conservative when it comes to this. That's good work.

Glen,

That's an amazing piece of work. Great job on those scales. Judging by the pics, you've really managed to preserve the look and feel of the originals.

s.

Wow. Honestly, that is just beautiful. I would say that's the best restoration work I've seen on here. I have a couple razors that need some special treatment. I think I know where I'll be sending them when I have some free cash!

Great looking work! The new gold-swirl scales have a richer look to them, and compliment the gold inlays more so than the original yellow color.

Beautiful work! It looks gorgeous! :tongue_sm
I now know where to send a straight in need of a restauration should I ever come accross one.

Glen came to mind immediatley when this razor showed up.

I saw it listed for sale and sent him an email to get his input about whether the frown could be fixed and if he would be interested in undertaking the challenge to bring it back to life. I hoped to get a response by the end of the day, but he must have been online at the time because he answered a short time after I sent the message.

After a few more email "conversations" a *very* fair fee was agreed upon to do all of the work involved. I gave him complete freedom to do as he wished with the restoration, not knowing how (or if) it would turn out. I couldn't be happier with the result. NOTE: Glen made it clear that he wouldn't charge me if the blade was too bad to be restored.

I'm glad I didn't ask Glen to do something specific when he did this work, because it wouldn't have been early as nice as it turned out. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person, because I'm sure the pictures can't do it justice.

- Mark (S-4-C)

Last edited:
Gentlemen, Thank You very much for all the kind words...

This was a fun project, I wanted to try something different on a DD anyway so when Mark and I talked I had this in mind...

I have done quite a few DD restores, and a few of these complete re-builds but had always used Yellowheart wood for the re-builds... The hardest part on this one was waiting to find the right acrylic to use... I had plain yellow sitting at the workshop from day one, but held out for something better...If I could find one shade lighter I would have called it perfect :w00t:

I shaved this one yesterday, and yes there truly is a difference on Wonderedge's, they hone soooooo easy, and shave soooooooo smooth, you have to just love them....

Beautiful work as always, Glen. Thanks for the pics. I wish there was an easy way to etch those WE swirls back on!:mad:

Chris L

Beautiful work as always, Glen. Thanks for the pics. I wish there was an easy way to etch those WE swirls back on!:mad:

Chris L

I actually thought about using my Bolt Jeweling kit for rifle bolts but figured it would mess up the stamp...or worse I would launch the blade across the shop :rolleyes: Sometimes you just have to stop and step away :biggrin:...

Top Bottom