What's new

Dscosmetic ZO Razor Advice

For those of you who purchased the DsCosmetic ZO razor, you may have noticed a tiny silicone washer, between the head and the handle when you change blades. I noticed it when it fell on the counter one day. I put it back, thinking it was there for a reason. I sent a message to the seller and was told that it is there for packaging protection only and can be removed.

I should have mentioned that the silicone washer is clear so it's very hard to see. I removed it yesterday and shaved with the razor today and found no difference in its performance.

FYI, some shavers put the washer on to avoid marks on the razor especially for purposes of resale. I personally don't bother because I have never resold a razor that I have bought.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Timeless also has these washers. The more polished the razor, the easier to scratch the plate with the handle. The Timeless plates are flat, and some of their handles like the Pineapple can scratch it. Believe me, I found a mark on my .95 plate from it.

Some other companies offer them as well, the Styletto razor even has the washer built into the handle.

The Alpha Shaving Outlaw, the Blackland Blackbird, the Rex Envoy e.g. have handles and recesses designed in a way that you won't scratch or won't see a scratch. Some others, like the Razorock Wunderbar, have a recess where the O-ring just fits perfectly in.

For most of my other razors, I use not silicone like DSC, but acrylic M5 o-ring washers in transparent-white. My Chiseled Face razor came with a black O-ring.

Top Bottom