What's new

Dscosmetic D8 vs GC 0.68SB

Is there someone who has used both of these heads? I got GC 0.84, it is efficient but it gives me irritation and nicks if I am not careful. I read in some forums that GC 0.68 is not efficient as 0.84 so thinking to give D8 a try. I saw in a post that D8 is a bit milder but more efficient than 0.68GC. I bought GC.84sb after having really enjoyable shaves with Rockwell 6S plate 6. I found 6S 6P to be more smoother than GC.

I've used both. The DS8 is definitely more efficient than the GC 68. Substantially more efficient despite the similar blade gaps. The good thing about the GC 68 is that it is really hard to cut yourself with it. But it doesn't shave close at all. The DS8 shaves close. Not super close but satisfyingly close. (You're not buffing constantly like you have to with the GC68.) The tradeoff is that you can cut yourself with the DS8. Not like there's a huge risk, but it's not as safe as the GC68. I have not used the GC 84, but my speculation is that if you are satisfied with the GC84's efficiency, chances are you will not be satisfied with the GC68's efficiency. I sold my GC68 but kept the DS8. Some times I miss the GC68 for its worry-free shaves, but when I think of the inefficiency I am glad I sold it.

GC84 gives me nicks and skin irritation. Thats why want to go bit milder. As you said D8 can cut but still not aggressive but efficient. So probably worth a try.

Top Bottom