What's new

DS Cosmetic (316L stainless steel) Z0 vs 2013 Mühle R41

Well, Gus (@GlazedBoker ) suckered me into buying one of these. I saw his review, then I saw one come up on a BST and picked it up. I pretty much agree with what's already been said. Fit and Finish aren't perfect, but not too bad either. The shave experience was more aggressive than the 2013 R41, but more comfortable than the Ikon Tech. It's a nice middle ground for people like me who don't enjoy the Tech.

I did a full video review on my YT channel if anyone is interested. The Shaving Disciple.

1635300249780.png

Hey! I’ve been away from B&B for a while but had to come back to celebrate the Z0.
I totally agree with @GlazedBoker on this one, it’s nearer the 2011 R41 than the 2013 but maybe slightly better behaved and smoother. And my results so far are just as good as I ever got with the iKon Tech but way more comfortable.
And it’s a big stainless steel beauty for <£40…
It’s like the Z0 has come out of a dream from about 2014 :)

Just out of interest, what serial numbers have you guys got on your Z0s?
Mine is 888267

I really like that these have serial numbers , like the Single Rings!

Just out of interest, what serial numbers have you guys got on your Z0s?
Mine is 888267

I really like that these have serial numbers , like the Single Rings!
Mine is 888256.
Perhaps that this number it's unique only for each model. All of them starts with 888xxx.
I say this because I performed an internet search of DSCosmetic models and found this:
1638366355789.png
1638366371646.png

1638366458613.png
1638366541907.png

And perhaps that hasn't a order too (or a selling order)... because of this T7 model number
1638366943111.png

I don't believe they have manufactured 927 heads of the T7 model, at least in the Aliexpress stats they didn't even reach half of this number in sales...

Hey! I’ve been away from B&B for a while but had to come back to celebrate the Z0.
I totally agree with @GlazedBoker on this one, it’s nearer the 2011 R41 than the 2013 but maybe slightly better behaved and smoother. And my results so far are just as good as I ever got with the iKon Tech but way more comfortable.
Welcome back!

Totaly aggree. I would say 10/10 on the aggressive side but very smooth.

Thanks colleagues for announcing the V2 version of Z0!
Again I couldn't resist and pulled the trigger! You are guilty if I sleep outside the house because of my wife!
I had version no. 1 of the Z0 and I was a little disappointed that it couldn't fix the blade well and it vibrated. Only after I manually processed the head, I got a very good shave with Z0 v1. I'm curious if v2 solved this problem.
Unfortunately, it arrives in Romania in about 6 weeks.

I was about to pull the trigger on the Z0 v2 yesterday - I had read here the v1 was not the greatest, so will wait to see if the v2 has ironed out all the niggles.

Would appreciate a review when it arrives Alin

I have to say, the Z0 (V1) is right up there with the best/most efficient shavers that I own. I'm thinning my herd out, but this will stay.

I avoided the Z0 v1 version due to the reviews - but got the v2 version hoping they had ironed out the problems identified in the v1.

The v2 is superb quality and tolerances. It gives the closest shave of any other I own - which includes the r41 and Yaqi slant.
The first shave I used a bic chrome platinum which I find lethal sharp .. and despite a smooth shave; it bit and drew blood.
The second shave I used an Astra blade .. and it was smooth, gentle .. and didnt bite.

I cant imagine any razor giving a closer shave than the v2 without there being blood .. but I do not own the v1 to compare.

Alin - as you own both; what are the differences? does the v1 shave closer, or just rougher??

@Cal brilliant in depth review

this must be a bit of a beast of a razor, well thats the impression i get from reading your thread lol

im waiting for my first muhle r41 to come through the post,
want to see what all the hype is about lol

I avoided the Z0 v1 version due to the reviews - but got the v2 version hoping they had ironed out the problems identified in the v1.

The v2 is superb quality and tolerances. It gives the closest shave of any other I own - which includes the r41 and Yaqi slant.
The first shave I used a bic chrome platinum which I find lethal sharp .. and despite a smooth shave; it bit and drew blood.
The second shave I used an Astra blade .. and it was smooth, gentle .. and didnt bite.

I cant imagine any razor giving a closer shave than the v2 without there being blood .. but I do not own the v1 to compare.

Alin - as you own both; what are the differences? does the v1 shave closer, or just rougher??
V1 is ok.V2 is superb.
V1 blade cheater , top cap is poor clone R41, is not finish.
V1 is more agresive.
V1 is rouger for me.

But, YMMV. :cool1: I have no chatter in my V1. Aggressiveness pairs evenly with my '36 British Aristocrat, Rex around 7-8. Smooth with a Nacet, but I haven't tried anything else.

All that to say, if you like some blade-feel and high efficiency, you have to try the Z0. If you don't like feeling the teeth of the shark, you won't like this one.

Top Bottom