What's new

Drynuary?

I haven't been drinking since Christmas. Not even on purpose, but I haven't been in the mood (maybe this topic got me thinking after all)

Surprisingly enough, that irritates the SWMBO ... seems she uses me as an excuse to justify a glass of alcohol for herself.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Some words of wisdom from our pally, Dino:

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's the best they're going to feel all day."

"If you drink, don't drive. Don't even putt."

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on. "

"My mother-in-law is 78 years old and doesn't use glasses. She drinks right out of the bottle."

Best of luck to you all.

As for me... I drink because my body craves, needs alcohol. I don`t drink but my body`s a drunk.

Funny, I actually considered doing this in January, too. Basically for three reasons:

1. Money. Tough month for me and I need to be very careful with expenses.
2. Weight loss. I've been doing great, but plateaued over the holidays (no gain, though). Thought this might help kick-start things. I really have a long way to go to get to where I'd like to be.
3. Motivation. Been very lazy lately and there are things I should be doing around the condo. Perhaps a booze break will help with time and motivation.

I seriously considered this idea for almost a minute before rejecting it as preposterous at face value. But hey, I considered it. I guess that is something. :001_rolle

Funny, I actually considered doing this in January, too. Basically for three reasons:

1. Money. Tough month for me and I need to be very careful with expenses.
2. Weight loss. I've been doing great, but plateaued over the holidays (no gain, though). Thought this might help kick-start things. I really have a long way to go to get to where I'd like to be.
3. Motivation. Been very lazy lately and there are things I should be doing around the condo. Perhaps a booze break will help with time and motivation.

I seriously considered this idea for almost a minute before rejecting it as preposterous at face value. But hey, I considered it. I guess that is something. :001_rolle

Perhaps next year I'll post it up in December with some lead time for folks to participate if they wish. So far it's gone well.

I have been doing this for several years now, from New Years Day until my birthday on February 21st, in order to rationalize my overindulgence during the rest of the year. Never made it yet, though last year was the best: Feb 2nd. I friggin' hate January.

I have been doing this for several years now, from New Years Day until my birthday on February 21st, in order to rationalize my overindulgence during the rest of the year. Never made it yet, though last year was the best: Feb 2nd. I friggin' hate January.

I have to say I'm really ok without. It's been a good experience thus far. Cravings, yes. Going bananas without, no. I'm not going to try for February too.

3 weeks in the books and all is well. I have a party Friday night with some friends that I usually drink heavily with. They know I'm abstaining for January, but it hold be interesting.

I haven't had any alcohol in January either ... only splashed it on my face :001_tongu
You my friend, have a drinking problem

$9beUs89.gif

Well, DLP, I failed Drynuary. My furnace is acting up again so I'm keeping warm with a shot of Tuaca in coffee.

Top Bottom