What's new

Dry skin while using DE razor

Hello guys, i just switch from cartridge to DE razor. i started with Gillette King C DE razor and Gillette King C blade.
My problem is that my skin gets very dry during the shaving with the DE razor, something i didn't have withe the cartridge razor.
After i do some strokes , the area gets very dry. i have tried proraso red shaving cream, cremo red tube, and Marlowe shaving cream.
all, gave me the same result. what can be my problem? am i doing something wrong?
i have normal to oily skin.
Thanks.

Could be easily getting used to de shaving technique and slightly irritated skin due to that.

Try night cream the night before
A pre shave soap like paa
Hyaleronicacid after the shave

Skip the atg step for now and be happy with a dfs instead of bbs.
In time you get used to razor and blade and technique should increase which also helps.

Thanks for your answers, but my skin gets dry already in the first pass, everytime the razor glides on the shaving cream, this area of my skin, gets very dry.
the thing is , i didn't have this issue with a cartridge razor shave.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Maybe because your cartridge razor blade had a lube strip on it. Most of the cartridge razor blades that I use have a lube strip on them and I know that I don’t suffer from dry skin while shaving.

did you say you are new to wet shaving if so …it could be technique….lather quality pressure….I used to get those dry spots you do and I’m pretty sure it was one of those reasons they used to take ages to get rid of to …I don’t get them anymore...keep trying you will get it eventually and once you do say hello to amazing shaves 👍

Maybe because your cartridge razor blade had a lube strip on it. Most of the cartridge razor blades that I use have a lube strip on them and I know that I don’t suffer from dry skin while shaving.
so , it means that its normal to have a dry skin while shaving with a DE razor because it doesn't have the lube strip?

I'm going to hazard a guess and suggest it is not your skin drying, but more likely your lather is drying on your face. Maybe because you need more water in your lather? Next time your shave add more water to your soap / cream - aim for a slippery yoghurt consistency, rather than stiffer meringue like peaks

I'm going to hazard a guess and suggest it is not your skin drying, but more likely your lather is drying on your face. Maybe because you need more water in your lather? Next time your shave add more water to your soap / cream - aim for a slippery yoghurt consistency, rather than stiffer meringue like peaks
OK, i will try to add more water to my lather. i will update if it helps. thanks

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
This would be my suggestion as well.

I'm going to hazard a guess and suggest it is not your skin drying, but more likely your lather is drying on your face.
I've been DE wet shaving for a number of years, but at the frequency I shave am basically still a beginner. This has been my experience as well. I have not perfected creating a good lather yet, and it often is drying out on my face, leaving my face feeling very dry well shaving. End up with a sticky, bouncy feeling shave unless I add some more water to my face, or put some more lather on!

If the OP hasn't already reached that conclusion, I would second (or third, fourth, seventh...wherever we're at now) this as the likely issue.

Top Bottom