What's new

Dry scalp or dandruff ?

Hey guys,

I’ve been dealing with scalp issues since 2 years now. I’m currently 19 years old. It started when decided to cut my long hair. After cutting my hair, I’ve been experiencing hair fall and an itchy scalp ever since. After 2 years of suffering, I’ve decided to shave my hair twice now. I miss my long hair and want to grow it out but I assume that the reason that my hair is thinning is because of something wrong with my scalp. I’ve been trying dandruff shampoos for months and I haven’t seen any results. I’m assuming I may have a dry scalp but I’m not sure.

Attachments

• CC45580F-D444-40EE-BF56-75E1BC4DDD6B.png
    CC45580F-D444-40EE-BF56-75E1BC4DDD6B.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 21
For me showering and at the same time washing my hair daily caused dandruff? After many, many years trying different shampoos and potions I now apply Aloe Vera gel to my hair and sculp daily, and when I do shampoo my hair, every three days or so, I use a mild Baby Shampoo like Johnsons and use Aloe Vera as my conditioner. For those days I want more fluffiness or bounce to my hair I dap a bit of Bay Rum hair tonic -like Boots Bay Rum here in the UK

I have Seborrheic dermatitis more commonly known as dandruff. See a dermatologist, they will get it sorted out for you. It can spread to other areas besides your scalp.

i was using a hair pomade and started getting dry flakes. I was using dry scalp shampoos and decided it was the pomade. Switched to using hair oil, using Vitalis and no more problems with itchy or flakes.

Definitely should see a dr. But, I would also try using nothing but water on your hair and scalp for a while.

I suffer from dandruff and dry scalp.
I use nizoral shampoo, you can get it over the counter at the pharmacy.
Works like magic, I use it around twice per week, and my scalp is perfect now.
So I would highly recommend getting nizoral shampoo, it's the only stuff that will solve your problem, trust me.

Top Bottom