What's new

Drunken Shopping

I don’t drink. But do what I call stupid buys on occasion. Usually when I’ve had a rough day. I guess some part of me thinks I’ll feel better. I don’t. I bought two YOYOs last time. One semi responsive and one Duncan butterfly.

After a long lunch one afternoon, wandering through a mall in Jakarta with the missus, I saw a L'Occitaine shop. We went in and I spotted what I thought was a tin of Cade - I had been totally unable to get some here as they stopped importing it some time ago.

Much pleased with my eagle-eyedness, I purchased it.

When I got back to the hotel, I discovered it was merely the refillable tin.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Guilty

I woke up a 2 a.m. one morning in a panic because I recalled drunkenly purchasing a samurai sword off ebay. My wife is used to random things showing up in the mail, but I didn't want to have to explain why I neeeeeded a samurai sword. She wouldn't care; she would just shake her head and say, "dumba**."
I bolted out of bed, ran to the computer to check my emails. Nothing. I checked Paypal. Nothing. I went to ebay to look at my search history. Nothing. I hadn't even searched for a sword.
Turns out I dreamed the whole sword purchase, but I buy enough stuff when I'm drinking that I thought it had happened. :001_rolle
Priceless!

Ah, a man after my own heart.

The only thing I've bought that was relatively expensive was a Dunhill estate pipe after a few glasses of scotch. I don't regret that though. Glad to have it.
The 30 sticks of arko is my only regrettable drunk purchase. My most expensive was ABC soap and apricot hull aftershave but I love it.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I don’t drink. But do what I call stupid buys on occasion. Usually when I’ve had a rough day. I guess some part of me thinks I’ll feel better. I don’t. I bought two YOYOs last time. One semi responsive and one Duncan butterfly.
That's not stupid, it's great :)

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm not as bad as I used to be. These days, about the worst thing I do is purchase a movie for streaming when I probably wouldn't have done so while sober. That said, I recently spent a boatload on whisky while attending a large tasting event. Mrs. TL was right there with me, though, so I got a pass on that (plus, she loves her whisky, too).

A friend of mine has a good story to tell about mystery parcels showing up at his door for a a while after he got a sinus of overhaul. He had been on some heavy duty pain killers for a few days, and he got pretty loose with his credit card while watching TV and recovering. :001_rolle

$200-300 does not sound like an excessive amount to spend on booze at one time.

This was what you were asking, right?

Top Bottom