What's new

Drunken Shopping

Was just in the car with the radio on and Detroit's WWJ ran a story 'bout folks, mostly baby boomers, making online purchases fueled by alcohol. Seems $200-$300 per year is the amount per drinker spent on dubious online purchases in the state of Michigan.

I'm shocked.

Expected higher numbers. LOL!

Confessions, anyone? :)

Only $200-$300 - cheapskates. They're clearly not drinking enough.:07:

I have to admit to more than a few shaving purchases after a few single malts in the evening.

It's just too easy.

Only $200-$300 - cheapskates. They're clearly not drinking enough.:07:

I have to admit to more than a few shaving purchases after a few single malts in the evening.

It's just too easy.

I'm a retired boomer and have to say that I have more regrets about some drunken posts on this site than I have internet purchases. With internet purchases, I normally wait a day to finalize it to be sure I want/need it. Not so much posts.

Guilty

I woke up a 2 a.m. one morning in a panic because I recalled drunkenly purchasing a samurai sword off ebay. My wife is used to random things showing up in the mail, but I didn't want to have to explain why I neeeeeded a samurai sword. She wouldn't care; she would just shake her head and say, "dumba**."
I bolted out of bed, ran to the computer to check my emails. Nothing. I checked Paypal. Nothing. I went to ebay to look at my search history. Nothing. I hadn't even searched for a sword.
Turns out I dreamed the whole sword purchase, but I buy enough stuff when I'm drinking that I thought it had happened. :001_rolle

Lots of stuff....not so much shaving gear, but numerous guitars, amps, pedals and certainly music related software.

Easily over $5k, and I only drink maybe once a month or so...

I don't really drink (not much when I do) so drunk shopping is not a problem. I have made a few impulse purchases though.

Lots of stuff....not so much shaving gear, but numerous guitars, amps, pedals and certainly music related software.

Easily over $5k, and I only drink maybe once a month or so...
So you can't afford to be a heavy drinker!

Guilty

I woke up a 2 a.m. one morning in a panic because I recalled drunkenly purchasing a samurai sword off ebay. My wife is used to random things showing up in the mail, but I didn't want to have to explain why I neeeeeded a samurai sword. She wouldn't care; she would just shake her head and say, "dumba**."
I bolted out of bed, ran to the computer to check my emails. Nothing. I checked Paypal. Nothing. I went to ebay to look at my search history. Nothing. I hadn't even searched for a sword.
Turns out I dreamed the whole sword purchase, but I buy enough stuff when I'm drinking that I thought it had happened. :001_rolle
that's funny

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Alcohol and Social Media don't play well together.
Drunk texting is a small step behind.

About 25 years ago, after a couple bottles of wine My wife and I decided we needed a pink plush cat with a clock for a stomach from Home Shopping Network. Then we decided we needed to get one for my brother. I don't know what happened to ours but bro still has his hanging in his workshop.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
200-300...bunch of lightweights. I can scroll through my Amazon orders and be like ‘drunk....drunk....buzzed....don’t remember that one.....drunk....drunk....where the heck is that now??......drunk....buzzed”

I don't drink anymore, but I opened the door one morning and found a box from Amazon sitting on my doorstep. I didn't remember ordering anything, I double checked the name and sure enough it was for me.

It was a ten pound bag of sour gummy bears.

That I legitimately drunk ordered.

I don't drink anymore.

My only "under the influence order" purchase is an umbrella from Swaine Adeney and Brigg.

I was perusing J Peterman's offerings that were on sale for 50% off and I couldn't pass it up as I've always wanted one.

After ordering it I told the wife (the next day, of course) who was none pleased.

It took a month to get here and in the mean time Peterman's tried the hardest to get me to cancel the order because when I ordered it they were out of stock and their system hadn't reflected it. They didn't put it that way when they tried to persuade me but I knew better from past purchases on imported goods. They said they didn't know if or when they would get new umbrellas so best to just cancel and reorder if and when they came in I could buy another. This, of course, meant I'd have to pay full retail for it. I resisted and they made good on the purchase.

I suspect they were just trying to avoid the bump in exchange rate which would make them eat the difference and, as I said before, I've experienced this already hence my resistance.

Well, now that umbrella is my wife's favorite and mine too.

Not all alcohol influenced purchases are bad.

Chris

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
A bottle of the cheapest of vodkas.

Ah, a man after my own heart.

The only thing I've bought that was relatively expensive was a Dunhill estate pipe after a few glasses of scotch. I don't regret that though. Glad to have it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom