What's new

Drug Store Aftershaves

I have been using Speick and TOBS aftershaves ( which I love) but I was wondering if any of the less expensive drug store/big box store aftershaves are any good for performance?

Many of the more reasonably priced aftershaves are very good performers and well worth using. Aqua Velva, AV Musk, Pinaud Clubman, Brut, Pashana, Old Spice (although some claim the vintage OS from the 1990s and before is better) and many others are true classics.

Aqua Velva Ice Blue. Some like Skin Bracer. Others like Wally's Face Scorcher.

Myself, Speick AS is best value for the money.

Aqua Velva Original Sport (in Canada only), Nivea (sensitive balm or lotion) and Adidas Dynamic Pulse are my favorite drugstore aftershaves.

I agree Speick has to be my favourite for performance and price but I have only tried half a dozen or so splashes .

I'm a big fan of AV Musk (and oddly, gotten the largest number of random compliments onthat one compared to anything else I've worn). Also, surprisingly, the Family Dollar version of Old Spice, merely called "Spice", is extremely close to the original (and then the Indian produced) Old Spice. Not sure you can find them much more economical than that one.

Speick is also one of my favorites!

In answer to your question: All of the Pinaud products are worth trying (especially clubman). OS, Aqua Velva and Skin Bracer are also classics IMO.

So I went and bought AV Original Sport and Ice Blue. I think I will stick with Speick as I don't think they are for me. I will keep trying the AV for the next week or two but I can't see myself using them in my rotation.

Stetson makes a nice cooling aftershave. Kids got it for me for father's day. It's nice but unfamiliar. Will be headed to Sally's when the bottles gone.

Let's not forget Florida Water. It is getting harder to find, but you can still grab it at Walgreens sometimes. And at $4.50ish for 7.5oz it's a pretty good deal.

Top Bottom