What's new

Dropped my razor in the toilet :-(

So you dropped a razor in a toilet bowl that had clean water in it that came from the same water supply that you shave with on a daily basis!! Unless you are a complete slob and "never" clean your toilet bowl its no harm no foul and not a big deal at all. Just clean the razor with some Dawn in some warm water with a mild brush, toss the blade and move on from it...
Just to add to this, if you use a toilet disinfectant then you are 1 step ahead in the process!!

+1! That will do the trick!

+2 - Scrub with soap, rinse, Barbicide for 10 minutes. A razor is essentially a potential surgical instrument, every second it's passing over your face, for about 15 or 20 minutes. I prefer any surgical instrument used on me to be at least disinfected - so all of my live razors get a 10 minute soak in Barbicide just prior to shaving. Every morning. Takes no time, because it soaks while I do my other prep. If you search the forums, there is about a week's worth of reading on the topic.

Most will consider this overkill (there's a pun in there somewhere!), and it certainly is, but I wear my seatbelts and cross at the light too :001_smile. What you do in your private bathroom for your personal grooming in absolutely your choice - for the razor in question, you could almost certainly pluck it straight out of the toilet , load it up and use it with no ill effects. If that makes you squeamish, see first sentence. I'm comfortable not steam-sterilizing my razors before every use; sanitizing them with Barbicide matches my comfort level for sharps waving around my face, for little or no extra time or cost. The "squeamish level" is different for all of us, and YMCMV - Your Mileage Certainly May Vary. As an aside, my microbiology prof once told me that the bugs will eventually win anyway for three reasons: "they're little, they're cunning, and they got no feelin's." Shave on....

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Dude, just take a toothbrush and toothpaste to it. Scrub it, rinse it, use it. That’s what I would do. You could pour boiling water over it and let it soak for a few minutes.

You’re going to get about 900 answers here. Choose one that gives you the most peace of mind.
This guy would know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

My question is how long can germs last on a razor that can infect you? It would seem to me that any germs would not last long once the razor was out of the toilet.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Barbicide for 10 minutes. It’ll be fine after that.

Wash it with soap and water. Then Barbicide. Not an issue. That's if it's a razor costing less than $30.

The process won't work at all for many razors costing more than that, but I will be glad to dispose of them for you. I have a special license from the North Korean government to process and dispose of such items. I specialize in the disposal of certain razors.
  • Gillette Double Ring
  • Gillette Toggle
  • Schick Type F
  • Schick Type O
  • Japanese, Swedish, German, American, and Sheffield straight razors, particularly 6/8" and larger
  • American and Canadian made stainless steel, copper, brass, titanium, silver, and gold razors of all types
  • 2011 R41
This is not a comprehensive list. Any razor needing special disposal services can be sent to me for screening. I also offer franchises to a few highly qualified individuals.

Do not attempt to clean and disinfect any of the above razors at home.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Wash it with soap and water. Then Barbicide. Not an issue. That's if it's a razor costing less than $30.

The process won't work at all for many razors costing more than that, but I will be glad to dispose of them for you. I have a special license from the North Korean government to process and dispose of such items. I specialize in the disposal of certain razors.
  • Gillette Double Ring
  • Gillette Toggle
  • Schick Type F
  • Schick Type O
  • Japanese, Swedish, German, American, and Sheffield straight razors, particularly 6/8" and larger
  • American and Canadian made stainless steel, copper, brass, titanium, silver, and gold razors of all types
  • 2011 R41
This is not a comprehensive list. Any razor needing special disposal services can be sent to me for screening. I also offer franchises to a few highly qualified individuals.

Do not attempt to clean and disinfect any of the above razors at home.

Happy shaves,

Jim

So, I should just follow your instructions on this one because it's not on your list...
lion.jpg

If it makes you feel any better, I dropped a brush in the toilet one time and could bring myself to use again, even after a good cleaning.

See, now that I could understand. Brushes are organic and I would not use one that went in the toilet. Same with a plastic razor. A metal razor wouldn't hold on to bugs, replace the blade and disinfect it and no problem.

I’m told if you drop the razor in the toilet bowl with smelly crap and urine, means you’re going to have a very bad luck shave for a whole year, according to the evil voodoo Freddy Krueger deadliest shave, after you’ve given your razor a real good clean.

proxy.php

e982f3ec9422697f637ad22c93740bb3--toilet-bowl-seinfeld.jpg

I once dated a gal who dropped no less than three cell phones into the toilet within a year.

She is not my wife today.
I drowned a few pagers in the WC. Normally made an effort to retrieve it, bag it and then exchange it for a fresh one. That said there was one I dunked in a toilet at DFW that I had no interest in going after. Flushed the.....errrr....other material but the pager just kind of spun around in the vortex.

I disagree. It needs to be completely cleaned, inside & out. Period.

Do you really want to shave with dirty toilet water? Probably not.
Ditto that. Yes, some dogs drink toilet water (disgusting BTW) and yes it is potable water that fills the tank. However, its still where you *** & ****, you're begging for a problem if you shave with it un-sanitized.

If you're still looking for suggestions get a disposable container (e.g. cheap tupperware, clean & empty sour cream, yogurt container) and an all purpose cleaner like Lysol. Fill the container with undiluted cleaner, disassemble the razor and let it soak for 30 minutes. Rinse the razor well and you'll be good to go.

Top Bottom