What's new

Driving My New Karve/Charcoal Combo...

Hi Guys
Well, my Karve C plate and cap arrived today. So I paired it with my Charcoal "Vertigo" handle, which was my intention all along. I love my Karve razor with the D plate, so I was expecting a slightly milder shave with the C. I really like the Vertigo handle and was hoping this will be a great combo.
So I prepped up and used a synthetic Tuxedo brush with Some Capt.Pre-Capsize shave cream and Lime soap. Great lather and I'm impressed with the synthetic knots. Comfortable and great lather produced. I think I'll be making a few brushes with these knots.
The blade was a Feather with a few shaves on it. The razor is a nice hefty weight (122 grams) and has a good balance to it. I tend to prefer a longer handle and this one is a good fit for me. The first pass was WTG and I noticed it is a bit milder than the D plate. It was still VERY efficient and comfortable. After that it was ATG and a bit of buffing for a great shave. Topped it off with some balm and I'm good to go.
These are great razors at very good prices IMHO. I love the handle and this is a terrific razor in my rotation. For me, it was very intuitive to find good angles and easy to manoeuvre around my face, neck, jawline etc.
Now I just have to name it...GoodKarve? CharKarve? KarveCoal? KarveGood?
Have a great day guys.
IMG_0546.JPG
IMG_0547.JPG

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
@huck1680

I just ordered these exact components in order to do this exact set up. Only difference is I went with a slightly less aggressive B plate, still the OC. I saw that all Charcoal Goods currently has in stock is handles and have read about Brian's move and who knows if and when he will produce more razors. This brass "Vertigo" handle is currently on sale, so I purchased it along with a a top cap and plate from Karve. I've read about how some folks have been disappointed with Karve's shipping time, while others advise don't let your pants be on fire, just wait and you'll get it eventually. Well I got an email from Karve saying they should ship my plate/top cap in two weeks, so I was pleased with that. Reminded me of Everett in "O Brother" who deals with a merchant whose stock always takes a "Coupla Weeks" to come in...

FWIW, I kind of like the name CharKarve.

Top Bottom