What's new

Drinking Coffee in the Evening

We usually have a cup after dinner at around 8:00. I go to bed at 9:30 or 10:00 and sleep until 4:30 or so. No problems at all.

I've been switching to tea in the afternoons as I mentioned, but while on holiday I'm back to coffee later and found I missed it :)

Yes I've been drinking coffee in the evening during the holidays again but I haven't been needing to wake up early right now.

Now in my 5th decade and the wife is more sensitive to Caffeine than I am we are drinking Decaf or 50% Caf after 3 pm.

I usually drink 3-4 cups after supper and have no problem sleeping. Caffeine doesn't really affect me.

It's most likely that you have built up an addiction to the caffeine to a level that without it, you'd be dysfunctional until your system re-balanced.

It's most likely that you have built up an addiction to the caffeine to a level that without it, you'd be dysfunctional until your system re-balanced.

This is me.

I can drink coffee up to going to bed. Can't sleep with it, can't sleep without it. Can't sleep.

This is me too. Even after quitting all caffeine for two years (basically hell, don't recommend it) I still couldn't sleep. Insomnia sucks.

I used to try to have a cup and watch sunrise and sunset while out at sea (Navy, not one of the crazies who does it for fun) Now that I am ashore, it is hot and miss. Doesn't really mess with my sleep.

I certainly do drink coffee in the evening, much to my girlfriend's dismay! She is always telling me to cut down.
Had some delicious Costa Rican beans last night after watching the football...I find it relaxes me funnily enough.

Top Bottom