What's new

Drew Estates Cigar event at Up/Down Cigar in Chicago last night .

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Fun time! :w00t:

Found this nice humidor in a display case right inside the front door. Any Pirate fans out there? Arrrrrrrgh!

proxy.php

Cigar smoke in my eye, it was getting a little short! I'm on the left. My buddy, Trent, is on the right.

proxy.php

My new favorite cigar, wowthis was deelish!

proxy.php

There was free food! Some awesome locally made kielbasa.

proxy.php

The booze samplin' aisle, single malt scotches, artisan bourbons and gin ...

proxy.php

My other new favorite cigar. Dayum, Drew Estates makes some great cigars! Every one I stick in my mouth is a new, favorite experience. I still like the Kentucky Fire Cured Fat Molly (above) a little better. The fire cured tobacco gives a hint of traditional English pipe tobacco, very interesting, I got 4 of those to do an in-depth evaluation. This is Trent's current favorite cigar.

proxy.php

The delightful and lovely Sarah from Goose Island Brewery drawing me my third (free) Green Line pale ale.

proxy.php

And my new Partagas humidor, courtesy of my buddiy in the photo above. They were promotions, apparently, and he's collected 4 of them over the years somehow. Thanks Trent!

proxy.php

Great evening. Got way more than $30 value out of this gig! For the $30 admission, you got 4 Drew Estate cigars (right there worth more than $30 given Chicago taxes!), and all food, beer and booze was free. Other than a 15-minute downpour of biblical proportions in the middle of it, it was a perfect evening.

For Chicagoans, the shop is https://www.updowncigar.com/

John, that's the one in Old Town, right? I was there a few years ago, great place. Did not know about this event, ugh!

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
John, that's the one in Old Town, right? I was there a few years ago, great place. Did not know about this event, ugh!

Yes, exactly. 1550 N Wells, I think. I don't go to a lot, but since Jonathan Drew was there himself, and I like their cigars, I did this one.

I apologize for being a knucklehead, I should have posted about this last week, we seem to have several cigar folks in the greater Chicago area. :sad:

Top Bottom