What's new

Dressy Boot. Help should I pull the trigger

FE1D4D7A-3278-4F8E-B3CC-C30A85759500.jpeg
C024B851-E42C-4A93-B72C-FA238CEA12ED.jpeg
Tricker’s Stow in Navy in different lighting

Here's one of my favorite pairs of old world Lucchese custom full quill ostrich cognac boots. Great workmanship and fit, especially back in the day. Buy the best you can afford and take care of 'em. You will be rewarded.

20180329_071224.jpg
20180329_070846.jpg

upload_2018-4-7_12-29-42.png

Nicks Boots out of Spokane WA. builds a great boot. I have a new set of work boots on the way by the end of the month. Maybe not as fancy as many of the above boots but these are all custom fit, handmade boots of the highest quality. Hand welted leather stacked heels and fully re-soleable. This is one of their dress/casual boots. You can order it in many colors and configurations. Also, they are made right here in the USA.

Hey guys so I'm in the market for a new pair of boots and am wanting something a little dressier than my current pair.
proxy.php
proxy.php

I was looking for a pair of super slim classic Chelsea boots and was thinking something in suede dark dark brown. Something along the lines of this, Home page : classic English shoes & boots. Been shopping around locally (I am pretty against buying clothes online. I need to wear it and see it on me. Especially shoes!) and have been having a hard time finding something I like. Everything is either big clunky soles like the Blundstone or terribly cheap quality from Aldo.

I want something good quality with a welted sole that I can have redone a couple years down the road and I'm not afraid to pay for it. I guess the biggest problem is trying to find this at a brick and mortar store.

Today I walked into a store and found these and they instantly caught my eye. They are truly one of a kind the store owner was telling me he only ordered 6 and they are custom to his specs. I wasn't liking them at first I didn't like the two tone but it's growing on me. And the leather toe will make them more durable. Just looking for some opinions on them the looks and practicality. What I would be able to wear them with etc.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

At $565 Canadian they're pretty steep but with a welted leather sole and quality upper I think it should be worth it. And I managed to talk him down to $440. Hoping they can last a long time but never had suede anybody with experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking nice! I didn’t read entire thread so not sure if you went with these are not. I’d also give Alden’s a look. They have some great dress boots too. In same price range and quality your looking for. Good luck

OldSaw

The wife's investment
View attachment 873753

Nicks Boots out of Spokane WA. builds a great boot. I have a new set of work boots on the way by the end of the month. Maybe not as fancy as many of the above boots but these are all custom fit, handmade boots of the highest quality. Hand welted leather stacked heels and fully re-soleable. This is one of their dress/casual boots. You can order it in many colors and configurations. Also, they are made right here in the USA.

If one is so inclined to really dig deep, they have some pretty amazing exotics. I think the packers are a great look. However, we’re looking at about $400-500 at the low end for a basic cowhide packer.

Nicks have been on my radar for work boots for quite some time now.

If one is so inclined to really dig deep, they have some pretty amazing exotics. I think the packers are a great look. However, we’re looking at about $400-500 at the low end for a basic cowhide packer.

Nicks have been on my radar for work boots for quite some time now.

I have had it with my Redwings. Quality has really went down over the past years. They dropped the 938’s and replaced them with a lesser quality variant (903 or 904 I believe). Anyways, the stitching failed after 6-7 months...terrible. So I pulled the pin and ordered a custom pair of Nicks. Im on my feet 8-12 hrs a day most of the time. If your going to spend money, put it in you boots and your bed. If your not in one yout in the other.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I have had it with my Redwings. Quality has really went down over the past years. They dropped the 938’s and replaced them with a lesser quality variant (903 or 904 I believe). Anyways, the stitching failed after 6-7 months...terrible. So I pulled the pin and ordered a custom pair of Nicks. Im on my feet 8-12 hrs a day most of the time. If your going to spend money, put it in you boots and your bed. If your not in one yout in the other.

Exactly my thoughts. I really need to have my wife do the custom measurements for me so I can finally get a custom pair made.

Please start a new thread about your Nicks boots when they come in and also please tag me so I can see how well you like them. Thanks.

Baker Boots in Oregon is a good place to get White Boots.
They are similar to Nicks but not custom sized. They do require tracing your foot and taking a few measurements. Kyle, the owner at Baker Boots will advise on size to order based upon tracings and measurements and he is always spot on. He will mail out boots to try on for size before you commit to the order. Really good retailer.

These are not mine but are what I am lusting after. White Semi-dress boot with dark cherry leather and brown water buffalo and a toe cap, all weather soles and tapered heels. You have lots of options on the leathers, colors, soles and other details. The White Boots have a patented leather instep to provide support at the arch. When broken in, the comfort is amazing. I currently have a pair in their brown leather without any optional details.
dc & wb 2.jpg

Top Bottom