What's new

Dress Socks

What does OTC stand for?

I found that I really liked the Banana Republic dress socks. I used to work for them a few years ago when I was in college and I had a 40% discount. I would buy most of my stuff their since I got it so cheap when they already had a specific item discounted. My feet don't sweat in them and they have really held up well.

I used to absolutely hate wearing dress socks and would wear athletic socks before I bought these.

This ones easy. VK Nagrani!!! They make conventional OTC dress socks, but you can also purchase those with...personality. I was a Pantherella guy but was extremely dissatisfied with them. I'm cursed with baseball bats for a lower leg and they always slipped down. Nagrani, durable, beautifull, form fitting and I get compliments every day, I actually have friends, clients and colleagues who look to see what pair I wear. Some take a bit of stones to put on, but with the rest of my daily wear being conservative, I can bring out some personality with my socks and they fit fantastic.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Help me out here. I am wearing brown leather shoes with jeans. Should I be wearing dark socks to match the shoes? I guess the jeans sort of go with anything, right?

Socks should either match your pants, be darker than your pants, or come in a color that is complimentary to your pants or shoes. I usually wear navy or dark brown socks with blue jeans if I'm wearing brown shoes. If the shoes are tan or cordovan, I would go with tan or olive socks. If I'm wearing black shoes I will only wear black or navy socks with blue jeans. I have socks in colors to match every pair of pants I own.

I'll generally +1 that, although I'll suggest being a bit more of a free-spirit from time to time. (A wag once observed that a businessman matches his socks to his pants, and gentleman matches his socks to his mood.) Something colourful might be just the ticket!!

(Just never ever white tube socks ... or any white socks, for that matter.)

Top Bottom