What's new

"Dress for Success?

Members,

I have been thinking about this for a few days now and just decided to post it here for your review and comments for and against.

Obviously the person who started this web community had an idea one day to begin this website and what a site it has become! It is heads and tails above most other shaving communities IMHO.

I do not have the technical know how nor the knowledge to do this but what would you all think of adding onto this site or starting another new site in and of itself for better dressing and grooming. There is one site in particular I do look at quite often but I find it very difficult to navigate. Here it is for those interested. http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/Forum/default.asp

Like I said ealier the only gripe I have with this site is that it is very difficult to navigate and it is quite "busy" with duplicate posts in various areas of the different forums available. For instance, I am looking to get a seersucker suit custom made and I was not able to do just a simple search but instead had to plow through the various postings to find what I was looking for.

My thinking is we are all concered with our appearance when it comes to shaving etc... I am sure this would also extend to what we are wearing. I have so many ideas and would love to share them. I only hope my passion equates with yours when discussing this.

Please be as frank as possible as again I have no idea how difficult this would be to add or do a new site entirely.

Thanks,

Joe

PS: I do want to stress that by no means should this be seen as a competitor to B&B but in addition to it with more of an emphasis on such things as bespoken tailors, suits, sport coats and blazers, ties, dress shirts etc... I would especially love to see a section broken down by cities/states for bespoken tailors etc... What do you think?

I frequent Andy's forum. I was doing a Google search on shaving and a thread from his forum came up. I was amazed that some of the guys there propably wear $800 shoes, and don't know how to shave! There is a lot of good information there.

Randy

Ditto, what Randy said. I also read this forum from time to time. Some of the items that gents buy on that forum are too rich for my taste. Nevertheless, the posts are interesting to read.

Austin said:
Ditto, what Randy said. I also read this forum from time to time. Some of the items that gents buy on that forum are too rich for my taste. Nevertheless, the posts are interesting to read.

I concur with you 100%, I can not compete with these folks either but I do like to dress well (NOT $,5000 suits!) even if I am USG civil servant ha ha...

Thanks for the feedback keep it coming.

Cheers,

Joe

This subject comes up fairly often, and the outcome is always that things of this nature are welcome in the Barbershop, but we wouldn't create a separate forum for the topic. I don't see any reason to deviate from this policy, and I think it would dilute the site.

Feel free to post in the Barbershop, though. Mark TSSB is a lonely fellow, and loves to shoot the breeze.

Top Bottom