What's new

Dremel-dot-textured salsa bowl

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The search for the right "shaving mug/bowl" never ends.

I'm convinced the texture on the Turkish bowl, with its myriad dimples, must whip lather really well. However, unsure if LOTH would agree the bath needs Turkish accents. Anyways. Gave me an idea.

Picked up one of the $1.50 American-made salsa bowls.

Picked up my Dremel .... and with a rounded tip, Dremeled dozens of dimples into the bowl's thick plastic, right in a band where the sides of the brush will hit.

Soap sits about right; brush will rub on sides ....

Cat (right) examines bowl's texture (finds no cat food).

Will it work?

Stay tuned.

AA

Last edited:
I'll be interested to hear what you think. Being the (slightly too) proud owner of one of those Turkish bowls, I can attest to the textured walls being a big help in lathering.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It's 100% inspired by the Turkish bowl. That may be a very old design, and for a good reason. The dots are certain to mix air into the lather.

I see (now) where others have roughed up the same salsa bowl with a soldering iron. This removed material.

Like the spiral in the ghost skull scuttle the other day; got to be something to that swirl, too.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Works! the dots light up when filled with soap.

gave the Starburst a first shave, too. See why people like them.

Plenty of 3-D lather.

The salsa bowl is a forum classic; glad I tried it.

AA

Fun idea, and glad it worked! My bowl is a salsa bowl as well. It has a texture on it already, but I can now it can be improved upon.

Like the spiral in the ghost skull scuttle the other day; got to be something to that swirl, too.

AA
Where was that cause I apparently missed that??
Also I would try removing the soap from bowl and try rubbing your favorite soap into the dimples and fill them up and then try using the bowl then and let me know how it goes if you do it ??

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Where was that cause I apparently missed that??
Also I would try removing the soap from bowl and try rubbing your favorite soap into the dimples and fill them up and then try using the bowl then and let me know how it goes if you do it ??

Here was the Ghost Skull scuttle/bowl thread (very cool):
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...t-Skulls-Shaving-Bowl?highlight=skull+scuttle

As far as the other; I just rinse the thing after use. Not sure I want dried soap in the holes.

AA

Top Bottom