What's new

ETHOS Grooming Essentials

Edit: I did not know that the Ethos soap thread was relegated to the Clubs & Brotherhoods subsection. I have no interest or ties with the maker except that I consider him a good friend & human being. Just figured I’d write up my take on a product that would be of interest for those looking into a luxurious yet affordable product. Not super cheap but, it’s not super expensive either. A shame as this thread won’t get much exposure for an elite level product and possibly the best one to date......

Finally I got my hands on a set of the recently created Ethos Grooming Essentials products and have been using it nearly exclusively for 2 weeks straight except for a shave or two. I acquired the Ethos Succes Niche Boutique Collection off of the b/s/t in nearly unused condition save for a scoop or two out of the shave soap jar. As has been mentioned in this thread, it is a bit of a trip to acquire as there is no website yet for purchasing outright. But, if one can make contact with the maker who used to be a former member here on the B&B and is as solid an individual as one can find, I find it totally worth the effort and wait to get a hold of Ethos’s products. Hopefully, the website will be up shortly for anyone interested in experiencing one of the finest made shave soaps today.

The Succes soap shave set is a masculine scent that very closely resembles one of the more iconic men’s scents in today’s modern perfumery which is Creed’s Aventus. A bit more pineapple forward but, with the same olfactory infusion of smokiness with citrus, musk and birch like scents that are just beautifully blended. And not just in the soap but, also in the skin food splash & edp fragrance to immerse one in a fantastic masculine aroma from start to finish. I’m a big fan of Creed Aventus and Succes from Ethos gets’ it pretty close to the famed elixir.

Performance wise, this soap has positioned itself as an elite performer in my den and shares the top position with 2 other artisan makers. Protection, glide and slickness are equal if not better to those other two with post shave attributes (from naturally sourced products and ingredients that promote healthy, hydrated & nourished skin) that perhaps surpass them in my short time with the soap thus far. I can say that it has been the cleaner & lighter feeling soap post shave wise without giving me a heavy feel on my skin once I’m done with my shave. My face just feels natural and extremely good to the touch. With some soaps well after the shave one can still feel as though you have something on your face that though not bad, just feels excessive if that makes any sense. No such thing with the Ethos Succes product. Easy to the lather, loves water and rinses super fast from bowl, razor and face. I thought that with some of the great soap makers out there traditional & artisan that we’ve already reached the pinnacle for soap performance and really can’t ask for anything more in our shave soaps on the performance aspect. Yet, another comes along and darn near sets another bar/standard for a quality and luxurious shave product that competes and arguably surpasses the best soap offerings today.

I’m looking forward to acquiring and experiencing other scents and creations from the Ethos house and I have no qualms in suggesting others to trying it out. I believe samples are offered and it would be good to just try out a few. The far majority I believe will find it to be a wonderful product that delivers on all counts for a Man’s shave routine....

Agree with every word of this review...

Just received my first Ethos shipment. Very excited to try this!
ethos.png

The Lavender Supreme is the best Lavender scented soap I have tried. I have his Succès, Melange d’agrumes, Fresh Lime collaboration with CBL, and the first version of Dragonsbeard. Franks EOS complex is awesome and makes my face feel very refreshed. Hands down the best soap on the market for myself!

Used my Lavender Supreme three times now. Wow. This is a fantastic, top-tier soap! I don't know how the soap rinses so cleanly (like a Martin de Candre) but also gives you a great post-shave as well. A wonderful, unique addition to the shaving soap world. Just lights out great. So happy to have discovered it. Thank you all (and others) for your reviews.

Used my Lavender Supreme three times now. Wow. This is a fantastic, top-tier soap! I don't know how the soap rinses so cleanly (like a Martin de Candre) but also gives you a great post-shave as well. A wonderful, unique addition to the shaving soap world. Just lights out great. So happy to have discovered it. Thank you all (and others) for your reviews.
Off the top of my head it seems to me that soaps that rinse really easily might not be as protective against microabrasions during the shave. I don't want a soap that is really difficult to rinse or that forms a thick film on my skin, but I have this idea that at least a little bit of that is desirable. Am I wrong? Does anybody feel like the Ethos soap is not providing enough cushion? Or do you get a bit more burn if you use an alum block? Just curious.

Off the top of my head it seems to me that soaps that rinse really easily might not be as protective against microabrasions during the shave. I don't want a soap that is really difficult to rinse or that forms a thick film on my skin, but I have this idea that at least a little bit of that is desirable. Am I wrong? Does anybody feel like the Ethos soap is not providing enough cushion? Or do you get a bit more burn if you use an alum block? Just curious.
One of the reasons that ETHOS is my favorite soap is because of the cushion. It is very versatile in my opinion. You can get a very dense voluminous lather or you can thin it out a little bit to enhance the slickness (what I do for straight shaves), and still have a protective cushion. Either way I get a great protective lather and top tier slickness. Not to forget about the wonderful post shave feel. Again that is just what I have experienced, but there are quite a few others that feel similarly. Hope that helps!

Oh my! I won’t beat around the bush and say it straight out. This is perhaps the most refreshing, invigorating and uplifting scent that I’ve ever smelled. The soap is lights out in all aspects of performance and scent. The skin food splash is just absolute perfection as a finisher. One shave in with this combo and I’m smitten.....

F03D0661-30EA-43B7-B547-C93B98BF5D96.jpeg

128BA0A1-5A45-463D-A9FD-12C6ADA8C61C.jpeg

Top Bottom