What's new

Dr. Squatch soap

So I'm sure you have all tried it, but if you haven't... you are missing out. I have eczema, so I have to be careful about what products I use. I absolutely love how my skin feels using this stuff. The pine tar also has oatmeal in it as an exfoliant. The scents are epic, my favorites are pine tar, bay rum and gold moss scrub. If anyone wants to give it a try but doesn't like the price tag. Use code jameshurst15 for a 15% off discount.

Attachments

• 20190603_173152.jpg
    20190603_173152.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
I've been using Grandpa's Pine Tar for about 6 years. The bar soap is good for everything, shower, hair (a buzz cut), hand and face/preshave. Last year after trying several other pine tar soaps, Dr. Squatch, Packers, Porcupine 20% and a Birch Tar soap from Duluth Trading, I went back to Grandpa's.

From what I can remember of Dr Squatch:
- the scent was more pine than the tar scent of Grandpa's.
- lathered fine with my well water (unlike Packers and Porcupine).
- I liked it as a hand and shower soap, but it was just ok as a shampoo bar.
- too strong for my face/preshave soap. I have some my mild rosacea.
- expensive on amazon. Somewhat cheaper if you subscribe on the Dr Squatch site.

I've had several bars over the past couple of years after reading about it here on B&B. It has figured in a couple of Reindeer & Sleigh exchanges. It's a very nice soap. Some have complained that it melts away too fast, but I haven't found that. Its scent could be more lasting, though.

Old thread but I just found Dr Squatch (bay rum) and I really like it over most bar soaps. Nice scent and it doesn't leave a soap film feeling. I think they offer a couple more scents that I'll be trying as well.

Top Bottom