What's new

Dr. Squatch Soap

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I just started using it this week. So far I am thoroughly impressed, great lather, nice manly scent, rinses clean. Anyone else use it?

I put it on my wish list for the Reindeer & Sleigh Exchange here last Christmas and received a three-pack.
Very enjoyable. It didn't melt away too quickly either, as some Amazon reviewers complained.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I put it on my wish list for the Reindeer & Sleigh Exchange here last Christmas and received a three-pack.
Very enjoyable. It didn't melt away too quickly either, as some Amazon reviewers complained.
I bought the three pack sampler as well. I think I will get two weeks out of a bar.

Maybe it's me but I don't think Grandpa's is as good or as pine-tarry as it once was and I'm looking for a replacement. I looked at Dr Squatch Pine Tar on amazon this morning, but wound up ordering the Porcupine soap with 20% pine tar. I think I passed on Squatch because of the scrubby bits. If porcupine doesn't do it, I'll try Squatch next.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I really don’t notice the bits Brian, they are visible but you don’t feel them.

How's the Squatch working out? I'm on the fence about the Porcupine 20% pine tar. It's got a nice strong scent and leaves body and scalp (pine tar bars are also my shampoo) feeling clean but, unlike Grandpa's, there's no lather. It's very watery and full of bubbles. I usually have no problem lathering with tallow shave soaps, but maybe the coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil in Porcupine don't like my well water. I'm not sure it's worth the extra cost over buying Grandpa's in 8 or 12 packs as I usually do. Squatch seems to have the same ingredients as Porcupine and costs more, but I'll probably eventually have to try it and Packer's pine tar to see for myself.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I really liked it. The scent was just noticeable, not strong at all. It had a great lather and rinsed super clean. It was a bit harsh for my face and scalp but most soaps are so it may not matter to the next person.

It was a bit harsh for my face and scalp but most soaps are so it may not matter to the next person.

I have quite a few shave soaps that leave my face ruddy & splotchy. Unfortunately for me, Tabac & MdC are two of the worst for me. Pine tar soaps don't seem to bother my mild rosacea and work better (with an ACV rinse) on my dandruff than dandruff shampoos.

Dr. Squatch Pine Tar and Bay Rum seem to be two of the best out there. Most people like them and I'll like to try them out too. I don't think Duke Cannon has a substitute for both or any scent that's as popular as these two. The only problem I have with Dr. Squatch is the price. Too expensive, especially if you're not able to justify spending almost $10 on a 4 oz bar soap. Guess it's for the rich...

Anyone ever order from these guys directly recently? I've been using their products for a bit now since I discovered their deodorant and soap in a local store and wanted to get different scents and try a cologne of theirs as well...been about a few days and they haven't even shipped out yet

Top Bottom