What's new

Dr. Sana Bay Rum (PR)

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ok, in a new grocery store, checking out ethnic and shaving ... Had to bite on this:

full

I knew dang well this was bay rum aftershave!

$2.98 later, I am proved right ... All Dr. Sana needs is a few drops of glycerin.

full

Wonder if it's made by the Superior 70 (or whomever makes the Puerto Rican Bootleggers component)?

Smells great! Real pimentosa leaf. Maybe locals use it on mosquito bites, it's aftershave to me!

AA

Looks like that would be a great base with some Aloe, witch hazel, glycerin, whatever your heart desires to make a lovely bay rum...

I made my own once, I still have two bottles since I made it.

What store did you get the Dr Sana at?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Looks like that would be a great base with some Aloe, witch hazel, glycerin, whatever your heart desires to make a lovely bay rum...

I made my own once, I still have two bottles since I made it.

What store did you get the Dr Sana at?

A Publix, in a hispanic neighborhood. Not all by any means have it ...

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Great find, I haven't seen it before:thumbup1:

How does it compare to other Bay Rum's you've used?

It's very good! Lacks the spectrum of Bootleggers. But makes up in terms of general good use. I bet it's same as other PR BR, going to check later.

I recall PR BR was hard to find after their hurricane.

The goofy logo of the doctor is good for a smile. "Sana" just means "cure" or heal in Spanish.

AA

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Nice find!

Do you have a list of ingredients?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Nice find!

Do you have a list of ingredients?

I do, but it's short - water, alky, bay oil and coloring. I had intended to add glycerin, but it feels great on-face already! Must be the bay leaf oil itself.

I need to compare this with Superior 70 ...

AA

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I do, but it's short - water, alky, bay oil and coloring. I had intended to add glycerin, but it feels great on-face already! Must be the bay leaf oil itself.

I need to compare this with Superior 70 ...

AA

The bottle reminds me a lot of the Superior70.

Looks fairly simple and nice!

You can maybe compare the manufacturer on both bottles.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
OK, cap is same. Bottle shape, the same. Smells the same ...

full

Except for a slight COLOR difference - and my Superior 70 is a few years old - sure looks like it.

Now, the "Dr. Sana" name is just a hinky line of old-school Latino remedies from Healthtex, a Miami distributor.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Looks like a trip to the Keys is in store for me
Hope they have it when I get there :)

Cool! It's in an ethnic-stuff aisle, right side, toward the front. Maybe eye-level. $2.98.

There were other Dr. Sana items there; ointments, etc. Olde-style cures.

Found this:

and this:

AA

Top Bottom