What's new

DR Harris Windsor

Ive tried a sample and I love it. Can't wait for it to arrive in the States. I think it'd be perfect for summer. The opening is sweet, with an orangey citrus smell to it; a little vetiver to round out the sweet citrus, and maybe a little bit of floral in the background..like a subdued geranium. Think "mature sporty" kind of scent. But after about 30 minutes or so it dries down and the vetiver kicks into high gear, and black pepper is one of the main notes you'll smell, while the citrus is still there, but not as strong as in the opening. I thnk the floral is a bit more noticeable in the drydown when its next to the pepper and vetiver, but its not in your face and it sort of blends in well.

Last edited:
If you live in the US and send an email to Harris ([email protected]), they'll send you two sample towelettes of the EDT. They take a week to 10 days to get. To be honest, I don't really wear EDT or cologne, but I was hoping the scent would get me interested in doing so. It smelled good, but it didn't stand out from any other modern EDT that I've sampled. I currently have 3 of the Harris soaps, yet I doubt I'll purchase the Windsor soap when it comes out.

Brian, I was almost thinking about perhaps trying the soap (given it lathers as well as their lavender). What makes you say you doubt if you will get it? Scent? Which ones are you happier with?

Brian, I was almost thinking about perhaps trying the soap (given it lathers as well as their lavender). What makes you say you doubt if you will get it? Scent? Which ones are you happier with?

Beside the fact that I don't need any more soaps, I don't think I'd care for the Windsor scent in a shave soap. I like the Arlington and Lavender soaps, both performance and scent. If I buy a Harris A/S or EDT, it will be Arlington. I like that scent.

Thanks, Brian! Perhaps I should try a sample of Arlington to check out. Looked it up last night and it sounds good, though I am not much of a citrus fan.

Reminded me of the sample of Terre d' Hermes that I have. Not bad.... but nothing spectacular to me. I have Arlington and Marlborough already and I'll probably just stick with those. I guess I see no overwhelming need to get the Windsor line.

Ben

Top Bottom