What's new

DR Harris Windsor worth it??

DEbonaire it is! :straight:

BTW, what happened to your pinkie @JohnPS?

DE-bonaire... hahaha, nice, very much so.

1611917761776.png

Ah my finger... I was preparing my wife's avocado on toasted sourdough for breakfast and as I was halving it, I was bumped and sliced into to my pinkie. It'll heal up fine. But was deep enough as I do put a hair popping edge on my knives, luckily it wasn't too bad, it's a clean cut, they heal faster. It was still bleeding a bit during the vid as it got wet but it's all good now, a bit embarrassed to put it that on camera... but that's life, I'll roll with it.

Thank you for asking.

DE-bonaire... hahaha, nice, very much so.

View attachment 1215030

Ah my finger... I was preparing my wife's avocado on toasted sourdough for breakfast and as I was halving it, I was bumped and sliced into to my pinkie. It'll heal up fine. But was deep enough as I do put a hair popping edge on my knives, luckily it wasn't too bad, it's a clean cut, they heal faster. It was still bleeding a bit during the vid as it got wet but it's all good now, a bit embarrassed to put it that on camera... but that's life, I'll roll with it.

Thank you for asking.
So you hone your knives. I can already foresee what's coming next - honing your own SRs 😁

Well, what do you know 😜

Would be great to see some YT-vids with a SR!

To be honest, I haven't practiced much... I was going to get into it more years ago but the learning curve is steep and it took me a long time to do a single pass... I was finishing the shave with a DE... I recently bought a feather SS to get back into it. I own 3 SR and the feather SS.

The feather ss is the bridge drug to SR I think... but some love it so much they move from SRs to it, so I don't know... I will practice with one soon.

I don't know if I should be recording my dismal attempts on camera for that. DE razors are home to me really but I am going to venture. The feather SS appears very forgiving.

To be honest, I haven't practiced much... I was going to get into it more years ago but the learning curve is steep and it took me a long time to do a single pass... I was finishing the shave with a DE... I recently bought a feather SS to get back into it. I own 3 SR and the feather SS.

The feather ss is the bridge drug to SR I think... but some love it so much they move from SRs to it, so I don't know... I will practice with one soon.

I don't know if I should be recording my dismal attempts on camera for that. DE razors are home to me really but I am going to venture. The feather SS appears very forgiving.
I've got the Feather AC SS, it's a great razor. That said, it's been a while since I last used it.

Since I've got the Hawk, honestly, I don't reach out for other razors that much...

Top Bottom