What's new

DR Harris Windsor- thumbs down

I am wearing Windsor tomorrow for the first time and will apply to both skin and clothes for comparison. Pretty much any frag will last all day when applied to clothing.

Windsor definitely smells like Terre d'Hermes, minus the in your face synthetic scent of TdH. It's therefore less cloying and drier than TdH. But still, very very close.

On my skin, for the first couple hours I primarily get a very woody note with some leather and pepper in the background. After a couple hours the pepper comes forward which is my favorite phase in the development of this frag and that lasts for about 4 hours until it begins to fade. When applied to clothing, this frag takes on a more traditional vetiver note and not as woody as when applied to my skin.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...the-Day-2012?p=4222198&highlight=#post4222198

I'm not one who normally comments on frags. You boys use stuff I can't afford or can't even pronounce. Anyway, I bought a used bottle of Arlington off the BST and liked it so I thought I would try the Windsor since I saw WCS carried it through a email advertisement. I like it quite a bit for all the same reason erickson above mentioned. Seems like I had to put quite a bit on to really bring out the scent and it lasted about 3-4 hours the two times I have used it. Would I buy it again? Probably not.

On my skin, for the first couple hours I primarily get a very woody note with some leather and pepper in the background. After a couple hours the pepper comes forward which is my favorite phase in the development of this frag and that lasts for about 4 hours until it begins to fade. When applied to clothing, this frag takes on a more traditional vetiver note and not as woody as when applied to my skin.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...the-Day-2012?p=4222198&highlight=#post4222198

I agree with your assessment

Wow! I got my decant of windsor from Garry amongst a few others and it is by far my fav frag. The scent lasts about 6-8 hours on me in the Texas heat, and I really enjoy it! Hope you find somehing that fits you better soon!

I just got a sample of the Windsor EdT also from Garry. I wore it for the first time today. I caught some whiffs of it throughout my work day. I think I'm going to load up on some Windsor products.

I read this with interest as it is the first thing I have heard about Windsor

Tonka,

I can not comment on the comparison to TDH as I have never used it, but I love the Windsor and still wear it 4-5 days out of my work week. I get nothing but compliments from the ladies. My decant is about to run out :(

Contrary to the OP, I really like this fragrance. The longevity is not bad on me. It lasts a lot longer than a decant of Arlington I have. It also lasts longer than English Fern, Green Irish Tweed, and Erolfa.

I too am enjoying this fragrance. I got a 5ml decant of the cologne from Connaught Shaving and have worn it twice so far. I had just bought a 100ml of TOBs Sandalwood and am nearly kicking myself I like this so much.

I found that it had great longevity on skin. As described above the woody note fades but the earthy peppery notes linger in to the evening. On clothes I could smell it the next day which was impressive. I see, like TOBs, it comes in a generous 100ml bottle. For €35 is seems like a good deal.

I was sceptical on the longevity of Windsor before buying, knowing that Arlington fades after 3-4 hours on me. No such problem with the Windsor though. A full day at work and it's still very much alive.

totally enjoy my DRH Windsor!

dr harris windsor feather march 4 2019.jpg

Top Bottom