What's new

DR Harris Windsor or Arlington.??

I have Windsor, Arlington and Marlborough in the soaps. Arlington is definitely my favorite, and I believe it is their signature scent. I’m not good at describing scents, but Arlington definitely is citrusy and fern scented. Marlborough is my least favorite but only because it is lightly scented to my nose. These are sophisticated gentlemanly scented, top shelf shaving soaps. You will not be disappointed!

I've just tried samples of Arlington and Windsor. Neither grabbed me all that much, as being a little too subtle. But I will admit sometimes using the matching scent in aftershave and/or EDT turns a subtle soap into something wonderful.

My two scents (ha ha) I would pick the Arlington over the Windsor. Arlington smells very fruity at the top and has a nice solid base.

Windsor is more cologne. Arlington is fern and fruity pebbles. Both are top favorites for me. Windsor edges though I would replace both without hesitation. Arlington is the definitive wet shaving scent for me.

After trying samples of all the DRH creams, I went ahead and splurged on the soap / aftershave combo of both Windsor and Arlington. You can't go wrong with either!

I've been using Windsor during the cold months, and am going to start using Arlington in the spring and summer.

If I could only have one, I'd pick Arlington as it's more versatile. (My opinion, of course!)

I have not tried Windsor yet, but Arlington was one of my favorites after one use. I think lemon-citrus is a good description, especially the top notes that you first notice when building a lather which then fades a little into the base notes. The first time I used it I thought this is like sunshine in a wooden bowl, a pleasant soap to use.

I can't describe them, but I will say that wearing the Windsor I actually got a couple of compliments from girls. Not women, but GIRLS (even though it is an old fashioned British scent) That doesn't happen too often in my experience so it's gotta be worth something? :001_cool:

Arlington is straightforward: mostly lemony and slightly green/powdery/musky.
OTOH, Windsor is quite complex with citrus, vetiver, suede, pepper, wood...

Btw, DRH's excellent new No. 14 is somewhat a cross between the two.
Unfortunately, at this time, there's no shaving soap in that range; there is a bath soap (which I have), cologne and moisture cream.

Top Bottom