What's new

DR Harris vs Arko

I have used both DR Harris and Arko soap. I have always noticed I got a better shave with DR Harris and found I get a get a closer shave with it as well. Yesterday , I did a side by side test on my face and I could not believe the difference on how mu ch the DR Harris out performed the Arko for me. Has anyone else noticed a big difference in performance between these two soaps? Arko has good glide , but I am thinking DR Harris also has better cushion for the razor.

I shaved with Arlington yesterday and was very suprised that I was still very smooth at the end of the day. I almost went with arko this moring but opted for AOS.

I did use arko a few days back, and while good, the cushion is a bit lacking. I like to add a little cream most times when I use arko.

I have used both DR Harris and Arko soap. I have always noticed I got a better shave with DR Harris and found I get a get a closer shave with it as well. Yesterday , I did a side by side test on my face and I could not believe the difference on how mu ch the DR Harris out performed the Arko for me. Has anyone else noticed a big difference in performance between these two soaps? Arko has good glide , but I am thinking DR Harris also has better cushion for the razor.

I couldn't disagree more, on all points :)

Just goes to show... To each their own. I would say though, Harris had a lovely wooden bowl.

I've got to go with the Arko vote. I like both, but if I had to choose one of those two, it would definitely be the Arko. You might need to adjust the consistency either thicker or thinner to get the same shave as DR Harris gives. Sometimes the "Sweet Spot" with a soap feels different from one soap to the next.

I do like both , but maybe I have to load the brush more and a get a thicker consistency to get a lather like Harris.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Arlington wins for me. Unbeatable slickness, great scent, and easy rinsing. If I go two days without shaving and I use Arko I usually get clogging- have to take the blade out and wipe it while rinsing. Never had that problem with Harris.

Top Bottom